Moderate vibration in cab..... - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
F-150 2004 to 2008 Forum XL, XLT, STX, LARIAT, FX4, FX2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Moderate vibration in cab.....

'08 F150 Scab 5.4L noticed a new moderate vibration and can feel it from in the cab, caused by engine maybe or something else? Any idea what would be the cause? No knocking when hood open, a bit of a whine heard. No stealership here and private shop want $200+ an hour so would like to diagnose instead of bringing it to them to diagnose and be out a some serious coins, would rather save that for the repairs if needed.

Edit-forgot to add it was in a minor accident where a snowmobile ran into the side of me minor cosmetic damage. Mirror broke(door), dents in fender, door, step rail bent, bumper. Will be covered with insurance. Thank god driver wasn't hurt. That might have something to do with it. Snowmobile driver was maybe going 15-30 mph (guesstimate). Vibration is most noticeable @ idle and a little when driving.

Last edited by Arctic F-150; 03-21-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, that's weird, it is gone now next ride last night after work. Only time it happened was the other night and there was no check engine light. I did check the plug caps to see if any were lose and making the engine shake. Also the exhaust system for any loose mounts, none. Did check them last night and notice forgot to close the hood the day before when was adding power steering fluid(yes still waiting on a back order hose) so maybe the open hood was the cause? That would be my guess. Hope it is gone for good.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 PM

Garage
Private shop @ $200 an hour is friggin' criminal.

My brother lives in Iqualuit, so I know things are pricey in your neck of the woods, but wow.

Glad to hear the issue got resolved for free, otherwise I'd be hanging the repair bill on the dummy that hit you with the sled.

Living proof that sometimes Darwin doesn't always catch up with people. lol

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT4MT View Post
Private shop @ $200 an hour is friggin' criminal.

My brother lives in Iqualuit, so I know things are pricey in your neck of the woods, but wow.

Glad to hear the issue got resolved for free, otherwise I'd be hanging the repair bill on the dummy that hit you with the sled.

Living proof that sometimes Darwin doesn't always catch up with people. lol
Yes it is a crime, but that's unfortunately one of the parts of living out in the bush. Services are few and far between. Makes a person good with a wrench learn to wrench on all vehicles. My first truck so learning a bit, grew up wrenching on snowmobiles/atv's and outboards. Have done a buddies motor replacement which he got to borrow the engine jack from someone and saved him a couple grand. Couple six packs and its all payment enough.
As for the driver of snowmobile he ran off before cops came but good thing about living in the small places, you get to know everyone so we knew who it was.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode