Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

2007 f150 stereo

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Bush_aholic 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the wiring diagrams for the factory 2007 f150 stereo I'm not adding a after market wire harness please help splicing in a lowpass filter through speaker wires
thanks Gab

#6 · (Edited)
It was a low pass filter you splice into your rear speakers from the factory wiring harness. This gives you your RCA jacks for an amp. we chose Rockford punch 800(old style, not that new crap they make) with a 600w Type R alpine subwoofer. Not 100% sound quality you would get with an aftermarket deck but sounds pretty good. This was my first time installing a sub with a factory deck, my buddy told me to go to town on the wires of his 07 150, I asked are you sure???? Took him a bit to answer then he said F it, just do it.

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure you added a Line Output Convertor, since a low pass filter is just a cross-over that takes out high signal and allows lows to pass in the device. Decks, amps, EQ often have them pre-installed in them now..

If you created RCA's from speaker wire they you took high level signal and made low level signal.. Hence. Hi->Low Level adapter.. Line Output Converter

http://stingerelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strID=174

Glad it worked out for you!
and let's see some pics!!

#9 ·
Yeppers that's want it was a Metra line output converter, not much to look at if I took pictures unless we pull the stereo back out. It's my buddy's truck I think he would think I was messed in the head if I told him I just want to take some pictures to show some buddies online. I tried to get him on hear, showed him the site but he's not much of a computer guy.
His truck looks just like Smokefan's 06 F150 but his is a stock 2007, he was talking about getting the Mojave package since the day he bought it so I showed him Smokefan's truck last Friday and he was real jealous.:shocked-smiley-9456

#14 ·
I said the samething when he showed me the converter and ask me to install it. He just bought his truck and want's the factory look on his dash so I said OK, it's your truck. I was suprised that it sounds good enough for that deck. I woulden't do it my self though. Every vehicle I get/own get's a new deck rite off the hop. My 06 F250 work truck is next, first morning after I get home I'm pulling the dash off....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.