Need a TONNEAU! HELP! - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
F-150 2004 to 2008 Forum XL, XLT, STX, LARIAT, FX4, FX2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Need a TONNEAU! HELP!

Looking for a really good tonneau, but not looking to spend too much.
Need to get it shipped as I'm far from the city. Need a good company to buy from as I've been burned before...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Apprentice

Hey Mustard - without knowing exactly what you're looking for, it's a little bit difficult to make a recommendation. In the past I've owned both a tonnopro and truxedo tonneau covers and really, I don't have anything negative to say about either one.

That being said, I noticed that an online retailer had both the extang solid fold and the BAKFlip G2 on sale right now. Here's a pic of the BAK I grabbed from their flyer:

If you're interested the sale ends tomorrow. Here's a link: flyer
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 04:28 PM

Garage
Way to whore out partsengine again, I take it you two are employees, 'cause that's what it looks like.

Sign up as an official sponsor, then at least you can be honest about it, instead of lying your ass off and pretending to be a regular member "finding" these great deals, or pretending like you're interested in buying a product and then providing a convenient link to your pimps website.

I don't buy that shit for a minute.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 05:55 AM

I have a retractable hard top truck bed cover from Pace Edwards.

http://www.pace-edwards.com/

Yes, mine has the remote control function feature.
Never had an issue with it, after all these years "MustardCutter"

If your still looking for a good one, here it is.

Press on regardless!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 06:23 AM

Garage
Mustard Cutter and JohnnyB300 were probably the same guy who doesn't give a shit about actually looking for a tonneau cover and just wanted to spam the website for free.

They haven't been on here since their little "hey I'm a real truck guy looking for real truck parts what do you guys think of this site" scam.

On a side note, that Pace Edwards tonneau looks pretty slick, how is it for keeping water out of the box, how simple was the wiring and what's the ballpark pricing on it ?

Does it give you any grief in the winter when it freezes up, or is that a problem?

I like the power retractable feature, one advantage over the hard tonneau is that it doesn't rest against the back of the cab.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 07:22 AM

The only time that my tonneau cover won't open, is after a quick freeze after it was opened during the time it was wet. Once it thaws out it runs fine.
The only time I get water leaking in, is after running it through the car wash, it leaks slightly at the back, where the cover edge meets the tail gate.
This is due to the seal on the edge being slightly worn and nicked.

I try not to open and close it too much during the winter, in order to save the drive motor.

My truck was equipped with this tonneau when I purchased it, so I can not answer your other two questions. I can tell you that it all unbolts/ unplugs from the box if required.

From their website, I can see that the closest dealer to us is located in Burlington.

Four other things to mention, one small looney sized spot of the black cover coating has chipped off, and sometimes I have found the tonneau open once or twice, after the remote has been in my pocket while I'm moving around working on something. I tend to keep the truck and tonneau remotes/ key chain in my tool box these days. It also has a lock mode (hmm.. I wonder if that would help keep it from opening by mistake, but that button could get pushed by accident as well I guess) It also has a night loading light located on the cover case. Very handy..

Press on regardless!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode