Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Stock mirror ?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  04STXHERITAGE 
#1 ·
How do you tighten up the stock mirrors on a F150?
Mine are a little loose and move around a little bit on windy days while driving:icon_rolleyes:
Real pain in the butt.............

#3 ·
Do you have a convex mirror?, sometimes if you get one that is too big, the supports that hold the mirror will not be able to handle the extra weight and it will shake no matter how tight, you try to keep the nuts holding it to the truck, try going with a smaller convex mirror, worked great for me, not no shake..:icon_cool:

#4 ·
No just the stock mirrors and the passenger side seems to be a little loose and have to keep adjusting it.
I was hoping there was a way to tighten them up a little.( I am sure there is)

#5 ·
How to Tighten Mirrors 97-03

Get a flat screwdriver, a torx head screwdriver, and a phillips screwdriver (idk the sizes) Now on the window crank there is a slot on the base to put the straight screwdriver in to pop it loose, then use the torx bit to remove the screw holding the window crank, next pop out the trim piece around the handle and there is a screw behind it, next pop out the trim piece above the door panel, there is a screw behind there, then just pull up, then out on the panel it should come right out. Then tighten the 3 bolts holding the mirrors.

However if you have the mirros that pivot on the base (pic below), then I don't think theres away to tighten the mirror from moving around. I just went and bought ss mirrors for $80 shipped.
http://airbagit.com/product_info.php?products_id=5963

Hope this helps.

#7 ·
you have the same mirrors I have, Im replacing them as well with nearly the same ones as Dank 44. Will take the pics after they are on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.