Remote start won't start - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
F-150 2004 to 2008 Forum XL, XLT, STX, LARIAT, FX4, FX2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Remote start won't start

Hey everyone....I just picked up my 07 Lariat and the dealer installed remote start won't work.

When I went to go look at the truck, the seller started the truck with the remote right in front of me. The truck went in for some warranty work, etest, safety and when I got the truck, the remote start didn't work.

I changed the batteries in the remotes. I can see the lights flashing and a clicking sound from under the dash, but it's not starting.

Any ideas before I take it to a local dealer? I bought the truck out in London but don't want to drive an 1.5 for something that may be a simple problem.

Thanks

Last edited by MrSen; 11-20-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 AM

Did the dealer install an actual Ford OEM remote start sytem, or is it an aftermarket remote starter?

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 07:35 AM

It it's aftermarket,
Start with the obvious: is the Valet Switch on?
There are liekly 2 fuses inline with two of the wires running to the "blackbox" . One of the fuses will be high current (30A likley).Check that one.
Check that the engine hood pin is functioning, if the hood appears open, no start.
I sure hope not, but if they used those blue "scotch-lock" connectors to hook up any wires, check every one of them for a good connection.
Other possibilities include an issue with the immobilizer bypass or a wait to start wire (which should not be needed on your install) touching ground by accident.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:17 PM

does the theft light on dash flash when you use rem start?if it does the pick up on the key ring for the bypass module(or the module )maybe nfg.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
It it's aftermarket,
Start with the obvious: is the Valet Switch on?
Where would I find the valet switch ?

Quote:
There are liekly 2 fuses inline with two of the wires running to the "blackbox" . One of the fuses will be high current (30A likley).Check that one.
Checked the 30 and 15 amp fuse, both are good.

Quote:
Check that the engine hood pin is functioning, if the hood appears open, no start.
This is where i'm a little confused. The engine hood pin is intact but the wire was disconnected when I got the truck home and realized the remote doesn't start. I hooked it back up and still a no go.

Quote:
I sure hope not, but if they used those blue "scotch-lock" connectors to hook up any wires, check every one of them for a good connection.
Will have to check this on the weekend.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
does the theft light on dash flash when you use rem start?if it does the pick up on the key ring for the bypass module(or the module )maybe nfg.
Yes, the theft light still flashes when using the remote start. Here is a pic of the remote.

Oh, and thanks for all the help guy's, I haven't been on the computer for a few day's. Hopefully I can get this thing going.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:52 PM

you should take it back to the dealer,it sounds like the pickup for the bypass is'nt working,what you can try is with 2 programmed keys cycle first key in ign untill theft lamp goes out,than cycle second key untill theft light out,remove key and push start button on remote(pats coding may have been lost with battery disconnect)

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Shelby.....

after finding the make and model # of the the remote start, I downloaded all the manual's and install diagram's. It seems the dealer did put it in valet mode when working on the vehicle and didn't switch it back.

Remote start works great. The only thing is the hood pin needs to be disconnected for it to start !!

Not sure if it's an install problem or not, but that is why it was disconnected in the first place.

Everything is working great for the past two day's, so i'm a very happy guy right now.

Thank's for the help everyone.

Mr Sen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode