Super Duty 6.2 Exhaust Mods - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Super Duty 6.2 Exhaust Mods

Just traded my 6.0 diesel for a newer F350 that has the 6.2 gas motor. It was so quiet that I started to think it was electric hybrid. No problem - a quick trip to Midas on hwy 7 just east of 27 - and problem solved. They used a Flowmaster style offset 3 inch muffler to replace the last one closest to the axle (there are actually 3 on it !) and it sounds more like a big truck should. Still has the full tailpipe. If you're local, call Jim at 905 850 7878 and he can get you set up. This would probably work on any 6.2, F150 and maybe Raptor too.

Oh, guess I need to change my avatar now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Garage
No offense intended, but you couldn't pay me enough to take my truck to Midas.

Those chain muffler shops are corrupt and inept at the best of times....they like to get your vehicle up on the hoist and bash the shit out of your exhaust system with a ball pine hammer until you need more than you came in for.

I sat there and watched them do that on more than one occasion, and I've successfully avoided them for the last fifteen years at least.

That being said, don't let my negative opinion ruin your experience, which sounds like it was a good one.

When you say a Flowmaster "style" offset, was it the house brand or actually Flowmaster ?

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

That's a ball pein hammer, and no they never used one. This particular branch is not the typical shop; they would have refused to do "modification" if they were. Good bunch of guys, we spent a good 30 minutes going through the catalogs to find the right part - it's Flowmaster style in that the interior is a couple of V shaped baffles, no perforated tubes, but I think it ended up that an AP product was the best match.
In general I agree, stay away from the chains, but these guys are good. Always food, cookies, espresso and coffee available too, as well as good service.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 05:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeispower View Post
That's a ball pein hammer...
Stupid otto spell cheek on my compooter forked that up for me....missed it, but thanks for the correction.

Nice to hear that your shop is the exception to the rule, bound to be some out there I suppose.

They didn't use a hammer of any kind, great, but I still won't be going near them anytime soon. lol

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

haha Wasn't trying to push Midas, just thought it was a good point of reference that someone local could use if they wanted the same thing that I ended up with. The sound is nice and throaty below 1800 rpm, but quiet on the highway. No drone like you get with some straight through systems.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 AM

sorry, I missed the brand name... AP?

I was running a set of Flo Pro mufflers on my chev, and they sounded mean as hell

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode