Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

back up sensors 2006-2011

NEED HELP: 
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LOOSEWHEEL 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I am in need of some wiring help,I have a 2006 f250 superduty with the back up sensors and I just switched out my bumper for the 2008-2012 style the sensor plug in just like the old ones did but now every time I put the truck in reverse they kick off, no matter what I do push the button to turn them back on they stay in the off position.

So does any one know if they are wired the same or is there something I have to do to make them work.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
The system will turn off if there is a fault in any component of the system. 99% of the time a sensor has gone bad or the wiring is faulty. I suspect that when you removed them from the old bumper and placed them in the new bumper you may have damaged the wiring.

With the truck off, set the parking brake, key in run position and tranny in reverse to engage the system. Now go to each sensor and listen for a 'clicking' sound. Most likely one is not clicking and that will help you isolate the problem.

I swapped mine from my 2001 to a new 08+ bumper with no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.