Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

6.0 Fuel Filter

NEED HELP: 
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  zip 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have been doing some research on different fuel filters out there and I know it's important to change these.

So I have seen everything from some oem look alikes on ebay for like $30, Ford's oem is about $90 and I have been reading about the amsoil one too.

Does anyone know if there's really a difference in these or are we just paying for the name ?

Thanks guys and gals

#2 ·
Yes, there is a difference with some filters. Whether fuel or oil filters, you should stick with Ford stuff, or it's equivalents Fram and Racor. If you have an International dealer nearby, check there. They are usually cheaper than the Ford dealer. I've gotten awesome deals on Ebay and diesel sites that have classified sections. The last deal I got, was for two Motorcraft oil filters and two sets of fuel filters for $85, from a guy who sold his 6.0. I don't mind having a bunch on hand if they can be had for a good price. Don't buy off shore filters if you are keeping your truck.

#5 ·
http://www.dieselfiltersonline.com/Ford-6-0-Liter-Turbo-Diesel-Truck-Filters.aspx

just an idea of a place to buy.... ive never used them found it awhile ago...

if you deal with one ford dealer for all your stuff then they should be able to do better on there prices for the filters/oil

ive bought oil filters/fuel filters/ oil and cetane additive and got as much as 25% off.... still a hefty bill but the alternative is much worse

#6 ·
Racor, Motorcraft or Fram. Don't use anything else. All are made by Racor. If you do some research you can find the International part numbers for the filters. I have heard it is a fair bit cheaper to by them from the International dealers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.