The story contiues - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

The story continues

See my last post for the start of this nightmare.January 29th the dealer called truck is ready. Ford said to replace belt,tensioner,idler.Took truck home,Feb5th the noise is back. Feb6th dealer said they will call Ford again.Feb19th no call from dealer,nothing! 2 weeks!!!! Feb19th go to dealer was told Ford had not called yet!!!!!! Feb21st still no responce from dealer !!!!I had my wife send an email to the owner and salesman.It was not nasty just told them the story and how dissapointed I was in their service. Feb22nd received a call from service manager,they will look after it. Took truck in Sun. Feb24th and left for Mon. morning. I should say this noise only occurs when the temp is below -4celsius .T hey called could not hear noise,picked up truck.March 4th took truck in. It is the power steering pump.March7th picked up truck March14th the noise is still there.The dealer said they will call me.I am waiting for a call. The truck has 3600k on it. This started Jan7th. I am starting to get angry.Over 2 months to get a problem solved I just can not believe this. I will let you know when and if this gets solved. have a good day.

Last edited by bootit; 03-15-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 AM

Why don't you try another Dealership. There is one in collingwood and Thor in Orillia. I Bought my 03 new at Thor. They serviced it for 4 years (warranty) I only had minor problems with them. I know it's a drive. But, they may see something that your dealer doesnt...JMO.

Gerry

Wright it in script, Wrap it in blue, and Drop it in the winners circle!

Classic Ford Truck Club ; Member Rep
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:14 PM

Garage
Glad you found somewhere to vent, sounds like a pretty frustrating deal.

I'm with Gerry, time to consider another dealership, there are good ones out there.

I've been dealing with Montgomery's in Kincardine ( 40 minute drive one way ) for almost 10 years, and the service has been nothing less than stellar.

Hope you get things squared away , and come back with some good news.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 07:10 PM

Funny how some dealer love to give headaches!!

2008 Oxford White F150 FX2 SPORT Super Crew,5.4L.
2003 Satin Silver Clearcoat Mustang GT,4.6L 2V,5 speed.
stripped,slammed,& cammed!

aka 1LOW03GT
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Morning. I waited all day friday for a call from the dealer and nothing. So I called Ford Canada and spoke to them. I will wait to see what that gets me. This is the third ford I have bought from them.This noise only occurs when the temp is -4c or below,and when the truck has run it goes away. If I new this was going to turn into this cluster f... Iwould have tried another dealer . Now we are running out of over night low temps. I will keep you updated. Have a good day.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 AM

That sucks, and they don't get it, it costs you time and money on gas running back and forth. At least you have it documented so they will have to fix it even if its next year. Good luck.

2012 XLT F150 (Sterling Grey)
Tonneau Cover, 15% Tint, 6" Rough Country Lift, 18" Helo 6 Wheels(chrome), 35" Toyo Open Country A/T's, SuperChip, Rear Wheel well Liners, Hood Shield,
Window Visors, Fender Flares
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Ford Canada probly wont do a thing.... I had a new 2000 f150 with issues... door rust,tailgate rust, limited slip clutches failing,pitman arm worn out... there answer was the dealer will sort it out.... that was after a week of trying to get someone on the phone at Ford Canada. This was also 10yrs ago when Ford was headed in a bad way I think they have since stepped it up.

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

It has been over 1 year, but I think they finally have fixed my truck!!! I won't bore you with the details but they changed the water pump and so far the noise is gone. I took the truck in Jan.23rd. I told them keep until it's fixed. They tried to get me to pick it up on the 31st. after changing the harmonic damper and crank seal!!!! Told them keep it over the weekend. They called on Feb.3rd and said it's still doing it!! No chit !!! Any way I hope this is over. .There is no doubt this was just poor diagnostics.Seems to they were just throwing parts on it.Thought I would let you know how this turned out.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Garage
Thanks for following up, hope you're all set and good to go.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 05:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Well it's nice to get a bunch of nice new parts installed !ol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode