Water leak by drivers side kickpanel??? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Water leak by drivers side kickpanel???

My 03 has developed a water leak when it sits, somewhere at the firewall left corner side is my problem-but to find it is a bigger problem. It seems to be prone to do it when there is snow built up on the cowl, it don't seem to do it when it rains. I have had the inner fender out and resealed the outer seam but it still leaks. This is no massive leak just enough to get the edge of the carpet wet along the flat doorsill & annoy me beyond belief. Anyone else have this good luck or am the only one with the horse shoe??? Any info would be welcomed. Thanks, Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM

do you ahve a sunroof?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM

Jeff,

Check your firewall, sometimes rubber grommets pop out, or there maybe a cut in it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Factory Ford cab lights(installed this summer & never leaked since installed) no sunroof. The 1 thing I don't understand is nothing was done to the truck to have a problem like this start.As far as I'm concerned a leak is about like a rattle -Annoying. Jeff
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM

Check Lights wiring
were it goes through fire wall you may have no grommet

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

If you mean the cab light wiring that's all inside the cab.If my lights were to leak I should have a wet headliner as theses trucks only have a single layer roof and the lights are exposed on the bottom under the headliner.No grommets look disturbed on the firewall, can't see much anyways.Guess as a last resort I'll have to tear the black deading material off the inside of the firewall-no nice job.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Get some paper towel
Stick it in 3 locations and keep checking it
This way you can start pinpointing your problem

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 05:33 PM

have a glass shop presure test ur winshiled...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 08:47 AM

the windsheild leaked after a few years on my navigator. the seal dries out and seperates from the glass. pull off the outer moldings, and run some water over the outside to see where the leak is. You can get some windshield sealant from C/T and seal the area off and reinstall the moldings.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

I haven't had much time to look @ it, between work & home renos for ythe new baby. I did have a peek the other day and on the firewall straight back from the brake pedal where the black rubber with foam on it, is cut out for a grommet & wire to come through it was soaked(when I stick my fingure down behind it).To take this material out looks to be a biggggg job but with it in you just can't tell where the water is entering.I just checked it now this morning & the foam is soaked in that spot, it rained & blew extremely hard last night & it's still just a little trickle out on the floor by the kick panel???? I'm going to try & get that grommet out @ that location & see if by some chance there's a little sign of leakage.If not big job ahead. Jeff

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode