Major Coolant Leak...please help. - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Elgando

Major Coolant Leak...please help.

I was camping the other day, pulling a heavy load in my 30ft trailer and 18ft boat in tandem. As I was packing up after three days and noticed a puddle of green coolant under the truck. I checked the resevoir and found it was almost empty so I filled it up with the only thing nearby which was water. I pulled home checking every few dozen miles and found that I'd lost very little water during the drive home. In the following days I noticed a growing puddle each time I used the truck, to the point where now it is a steady stream when the truck is running that slows to a drip when it is not running.

The location of the leak is to the rear, in fact it is dripping off of my oil filter. Frost plug?? Any ideas please so that I can go to the dealership with some ammo. Where is the water pump on my rig?? Thanks,

2002 F350 Dually SD
7.3 powerstroke 5 spd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:25 AM

It very well could be a frost plug with the volume of coolant coming out. A head gasket leak most likely wouldn't produce that volume of coolant. If your truck is out of warranty I have a few customers shops in Alberta that would be able to perform the repairs for you. You can pm me or email me at [email protected] and I can get you the information.

Pat Stewart
Technical Sales
www.bd-power.com
800-887-5030 xt 101

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode