Boss Engine Limited To Ford Super Duty - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Boss Engine Limited To Ford Super Duty

What
Ok I can see that with todays fuel prices

Since 1969, the Boss engine has made headlines after headlines. The mighty roar and efficiency of the engine has been, without a doubt, legendary. However, legends may not last forever.

The Boss engine is one of Ford's most powerful engines ever built. However, with the economy and company suffering, Mark Fields, Ford President of the Americas, has decided to put a stop to production of the Boss engine. Though the engine has a halt in its path, its not entirely gone. There will be only one chosen vehicle that will still carry the Boss engine: The Ford Super Duty.

Reasons behind this tragic decision is due to a weak economy and high gas prices. As we all know the Boss engine is capable of 400hp at the touch of a pedal. Our hope is that it doesn't go extinct any time soon.

Story Here:
http://blogs.internetautoguide.com/6...uty/index.html

and here :

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/23/d...stang-needs-l/

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 10:34 AM

When I bought my new Diesel I seriously considered the V10. But I already owned one and although it was great on power it was less efficient than the Diesel I have now. I welcome a possible 6.2 litre gas. Ford definitely needs something between the 5.4 and 6.8. On the bright side, down the road there will be engines available for conversions and drop ins as there will be wrecks,parst etc.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Looks like my F250 might be getting replaced already, if it happens I'm getting a V10 Excursion, already looked at a few....might be a day trip to the GTA in the near future....

Kinda PO'ed about having to start over on a new truck (I have quite the setup in my work truck) after only a few months but it will be worth it...(The 250 will replace 02 F350 7.3 as a spare truck at work because it is close to retirement)

The 250 is getting a 3in lift and new tires and exhaust this week too....just when I will have it the way I want it, I will have to start over......lol

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 PM

That would be sad considering the V10 is one of the best engines Ford has ever made. Personally, I can't see it getting much worse than the 5.4 mileage wise and possibly doing better especially in a truck that's often loaded.

Only real reason I'm preferring a 5.4 over one myself is the sound. LOL. (Straight pipes just sound better on a V8.....)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 08:57 PM

A little history for those who care
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Boss_engine

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Ok so the 2000-2005 Ford Excursion 2-valve SOHC, 310 hp from the Windsor plant, is this not a Boss engine or a Triton?

From what I have read the V10 Boss engines are made as a 6.2L at the Romeo plant in Michigan.

Can anyone clarify this for me I'm confused?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode