NEED HELP: Loss 4 Wheel Drive - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Loss 4 Wheel Drive

I have seemed to have lost my 4by4. The transfer case has a electic shift that doesn't seem to be moveing when I turn the selector switch to 4 by. I took the motor of the transfer case and applied 12 volts to it and it turned so the motor is ok. Checked the fuses and they are ok. I also just replaced the transfer case. F350 2000 7.3 Any Ideas anyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM

the motor has 2 parts to it one is the motor assm(2wire conn)the other has slip rings inside to tell motor position,if you have access to a scan tool monitor motor/switch position,if not you can test with an multimeter at the dash switch.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

4 wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
the motor has 2 parts to it one is the motor assm(2wire conn)the other has slip rings inside to tell motor position,if you have access to a scan tool monitor motor/switch position,if not you can test with an multimeter at the dash switch.
I hear you but like I said the motor assemble is ok I am not getting power to it despite the fact the fuse are ok

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM

check to see if the aux fusebox on the d/s inner fender has fallen down between fender and firewall,the harness would be all corroded(known concern)

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM

i just had my tranny and transfer case out for rebuilding and when i drove home the truck wouldn't go into 4 wheel drive either. after some investigation i found the wire connector that plugs into theshift motor on the transfer case doesn't seem to go on very well. i cleaned it and rechecked, it seems the connection goes on almost enough but the electrical contacts JUST touch and you have to really ensure the conector is inserted all the way. that one connector seems to go on all the way but the electrical connectors just barely touch. so double check this connection. it fixed my problem... good luck......

2011 F350 Dually PSD CC Lariat ultimate still stock
y2k x cab 4x4, with a few extras. broke Feb 2011 collision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode