HELP fuel line connector removal - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

HELP fuel line connector removal

help, anyone, im installing a larger titan fuel tank on my 06 6litre diesel and i have the tank out but can t get the fuel lines to come off the sending unit - i went and picked up the round plastic line disconnect,, but dont think its rite.

i understand that there are different types of fuel line connectors. the one i have is like a square plastic and has to holes in the bottom and a white clip recessed in the one side...

is there a way to de pressurize the lines? could that be my problem? it looks like i need a u shaped clip tool?

i have the old tank outside the garage and the new tank in front of the truck on the floor..... i really need to get the lines off so i can get the truck back to gether....anybody in bonnyville want to make some $$ .....any info would be greatly appreciated....

terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
on the fuel rail under the hood you'll see what looks like the top of a tire valve stem. Push to depressurize the fuel line

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taisa899 View Post
on the fuel rail under the hood you'll see what looks like the top of a tire valve stem. Push to depressurize the fuel line

what I do when depressurizing the fuel rail is hold a rag over it shrader valve so fuel wont spray all over the place, I also use a small flat blade screwdriver to push the valve in to depressurize it

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
thanks for explaining it better Dave. I've done it so many times I sometimes forget to explain things completely!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM

as for the clips you push the white tab into the connector(you may have to blow out the inside of the connector as they fill up with dirt)push the connector towards the pump then push in tab and remove line,when you install the tank will have to extend the fill tube.if you need any more assistance feel free to pm me.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

thanks guys got it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode