Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

05-2011 conversion

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Phil G. 
#1 ·
has anyone converted the front end of your F250 from the old body style to the new? I have the opportunity to purchase everything I need to do it, so thinking about it as a winter project. what do you think???

#3 ·
It's a lot of work. You will have to replace the entire front clip. A few guys have done the 08-10 front and it was not a simple bolt on. The 2011 will certainly not be any easier. But if you have the time, money and ability, then anything is possible.

#4 ·
IMO, the 05-07 were the best styling years of the Super Duty. I have had a 99, 03 , 04 & now an 07, they just kept getting better. I have never warmed up to the "headlights" on top look. I will say the 11 is better looking than the 08-10 though.
Aren't opinions great? Everyones got one and you didn't even ask fro mine :icon_rolleyes:.

The cab has not changed so the front clip should line up to the firewall, I don't think the door lines have changed but I'm not sure on that one.

#6 ·
the doors are the same and all body lines will match, i have all the parts to do the swap just not sure if the look is better or not , I even have the new Harley davidson fender inserts, so it would look correct. I was thinking of a full paint in the spring anyway. Decisions decisions .... yes it is a Harley truck

#8 ·
The Harley is the best looking 05-07 as well, so IMO, you have the best looking SD out there (beats the King Ranch all to hell).
But if you decide to change, give us all first bid at the old parts OK? I have a friend with an 03 that wants to update it to an 05-07 front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.