Professional tuning worth the money. - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to gewiens
Professional tuning worth the money.

Just replaced my heads because the egr took them out. Put egr delete kit in and put ARP studs on it. Ripped out muffler. Brought to performance shop for special tune and have run truck to get used to the upgrades. Now at 500hp at the crank and goin for 100 more hp tomorrow. Was running the edge evolution before all this happened and using it only for monitoring now. I've gained a 100km per tank. Sorry to say, my tires are not liking this,lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Apprentice

What kind of tune is it?
You should be carefull too much timing and your pistons will leave you in the dust
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

It is a complete reprogram of ECM done by www.wallsrodcustom.com. He has done many diesels and this one gives the most possible without screwing things up. Gonna leave it where it is now or if i go to next level my tranny,torque converter or like you say, pistons will go. Its been also reprogrammed to not think it has EGR. I'm running more like 525hp at the crank. This was not a cheap tune either. Takes about 7hrs to do. Running only 21 psi boost now with tune and egr outta the picture.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

The edge or these other systems only in reality give you max 65 maybe hp boost to the wheels. This tune is just over 125 wheel hp. Can't remember but i think it was something like an extra 250 ft pounds torque.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Apprentice

What has the experience been with Walls? I am looking at have them do pretty much the same thing. My truck is an 08, 350. I normally deial with extreme performance exhuast, bu tthey only owkr with edge, which I have read is not the best for our trucks. Any further feedback would be apprciated.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Apprentice

There are several really good tuners out there for the 6.4 and sadly none of them are in canada.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode