Opinion on F-350's - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Super Duty Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Smile Opinion on F-350's

Hey guys im thinking of getting a new F-350 in the near future, im wondering what you think of the 2008s. i want to get a crew cab 6.4L twin turbo diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljon View Post
Hey guys im thinking of getting a new F-350 in the near future, im wondering what you think of the 2008s. i want to get a crew cab 6.4L twin turbo diesel.
Great choice, you will love it
Took one for a road test on the off-road truck.
i just love the torque of diesel engine
you will not be disappointed if you get one

Matt

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 AM

I have driven a few and I really like how smooth the automatic shifts with the power at end, but I have been told the new 6.4L is a real pig on fuel when compared to the older Powerstrokes.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS2SS
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Master Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to v8ranger
well man you will love it and you get around 550kms to a tank its like 90 bucks at the prices now to fill it and this is towing a 16 foot landscaping trailer around all the time and letting her fly to she is a torque monster
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 PM

I've got an 04 SD diesel. I've been checking out the new ones, but I'm going to hold off a couple of years. See what bugs materialize in a brand new model. I've heard the mileage improves alot after about 50k km. I'll agree the power is amazing, even over the 6.0 and next to no turbo lag. You should see if the dealer will match the US price, you might save 10 grand heading south to pick on up.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 PM

I've heard the same about mileage but I've also heard from a few people that it's the same or better. And so far, the 6.4 is proving to be fairly reliable other than a few problems with the recirc. And one could never say that about the 6.0

Ford may actually have redeemed themselves. I truly hope so because they lost a LOT of fleet sales with the 6.0 and almost lost a lot more if it hadn't improved as it did (slightly) by 2005.

I wasn't big on the new styling but it's grown on me, especially the XL with the black grille. LOL. Wish I could afford one. LOL. But I'd get a gasser anyways so......

Now the guys at the dealer I work (ed?) for tell me the parts trucks with the 5.4 in them are noticibly sluggish compared to my old 2006 they retired last year. I don't know if that's more weight? Or just from not being broke in?? Or just them whining. LOL. i don't see any reason for the 2008 5.4 to BE any slower. And uh, yeah, as a parts truck we notice how fast or slow they are.......Teehee... SHHH!!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
My boss has had the new 08 for a little while now and everything about it's nice no problems. I love those dual Turbo's...

P.S. Have you seen the Black Widow from Blackstock yet????Makes me Drool...

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode