Escape - Towing - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Escape - Towing

Good day all.

Can I ask if anyone is using the new Escape (14-15) to tow a camping trailer (2.0 Ecoboost) . Manufacturer claims 3,500 lbs, but I am wondering if this is an exaggeration; this is after all a 4 cyl.

I have been towing a small utility trailer with dust, topsoil, etc for 8-10 km, and I had no problem. I am now looking at pulling a 2000 to 2500 lbs Alto camping trailer (its a new type of tent-trailer made around here) http://www.safaricondo.com/en/caravanes_F1743 and I was wondering if anyone had tried towing something similar over a long distance (several hundred of miles). How was fuel consumption?

Any experience would help me decide if I purchase this $40K trailer of if I wait to upgrade the Escape in a few years.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
The motor itself has little to do with towing capability. Braking, load handling is more important. You've got a pretty flat torque curve with the Ecoboost so it should pull pretty good.

No personal experience with this setup but I don't like the optic of something so small pulling a larger trailer. I see mini vans lugging trailers down the highway and cringe. People might not agree but I think any holiday trailer should be pulled by a truck.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode