NEED HELP: Hesitation Under Cruise Or Idle - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Forum Newbie

Hesitation Under Cruise Or Idle

Ok all, I have 2000 Ford Excursion with 205K miles its a V10 6.8L. For the last 2-3 months iv been experiencing hesitation on idle or cruise speeds. For those that have driven a stick, its as if I skipped a gear, or a cylinder or two is not firing. I tried the obvious, changing plugs, fuel filter and using premium gas, no change. The worst part is its intermittent.

When it first started I blamed a local gas station. Went elsewhere and the problem stopped, this was purely coincidence because it started up again a few days later. Hopefully someone has had this headache and remember what or how they fixed it. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 AM

It might be helpful if you used a OBD scan tool to check for any stored error codes.

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 02:49 PM

have had some dpfe sensors going bad causing egr valve to open at wrong time,(dpfe is a "box"on the lh side of throttle body with a wire harness and 2 hoses going to it)remove hoses and see if full of moisture/corrosion.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Newbie

Thanx

First and foremost let say thanx for taking the time to not only read my post but respond.
B4000 I tried my scan toll but no codes. I must say that was the first time I was ever dissapointed not to have codes.
Shelbyx1 I thought your suggestion thr fix for sure because id been having issue with my climate controls switching to defrost during throttle. Upon inspection I notice one of the hoses was collapsed. I swapped it out and checked for corrosion and rust. Needless to say no luck and no change.
Today I starded my ex up and this time it eas more consistent. I was able to check coils till I found the culprid...cyc3 Ill be grabbing a coil and plug to see if that does the trick..
So any ideas on my climate control.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 PM

on the line from the engine there should be a check valve to hold vacc in system under accell.(it will be black and white and a little larger in diameter then the hose.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Check the coil packs, if you have them....mine had a hairline crack that the ODB never caught and the unburnt fuel destroyed my catalytic converters $$$$

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode