Body shop for fibreglass - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Body shop for fibreglass

So I just trashed my front valance (lower bumper piece). It's a custom bumper made of fibreglass and I need to find a shop that is known for repairing fibreglass. I am also missing a piece about 10 inches long so they will have to reconstruct it. A lot of shops don't know what they are doing with fibreglass.

I am located in Mississauga, I'd prefer semi-local. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Coruptyed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
So I just trashed my front valance (lower bumper piece). It's a custom bumper made of fibreglass and I need to find a shop that is known for repairing fibreglass. I am also missing a piece about 10 inches long so they will have to reconstruct it. A lot of shops don't know what they are doing with fibreglass.

I am located in Mississauga, I'd prefer semi-local. Thanks guys.
well this is kinda out of the way but in st thomas there is an old ford dealership that was sold to a body shop, it now does all the ford body's for elgin ford, but it can repair fiberglass i believe as it fixed my friends bumper on his car. but there kinda out of the way.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 PM

I would try a boat dealer in your area I bet they would know where to get fiberglass work done. However I had a Fiberglass bumber on my Integra that got crunched and it was WAY cheaper to buy a new one and have it painted. Got a quote of $500-600+ for repairing or $400 for new bumper and paint.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I have the 2001 harley davidson front fascia:

It's a fibreglass recreation that I purchased through a FTW member 4 years ago. I don't know where he got it from.

I got a quote today from the dealer for the OEM urethane one and they want $1400 after significant discount. So It looks like i need to fix it. A boat shop is a pretty good idea, hopefully there is one pretty close.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode