NEED HELP: Broken wheel stud after tire changeover and day trip - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Broken wheel stud after tire changeover and day trip

Just wondering if I need to have more than one wheel stud replaced after one broke off. I am not sure when it broke off...probably just before I got into Edmonton from the Red Deer area. Did 340 km on the day trip. Heard a noise before I got to West Edmonton Mall.

About 10 days before, I had a local tire shop (chain) change over my winter tires (mounted on separate rims). After I got home (two block drive), I retorqued them at 100 ft-lbs each with my torque wrench.

One stud was broken, the remaining lug nuts were very loose. I am concerned with the other wheel studs since I had put on at least 170+ km of wear and tear on them while the one stud was lost. Or I could have broken the stud when it was retorqued and I have been driving the truck for the past 10 days with a broken wheel stud.

Is it one hour to change out one stud? How much more is it to change out the remaining four studs? Thanks.

Dave

2010 Ford Ranger FX4
Armaguard sprayed on bed liner
Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover
Studded General Altimax Arctic P245/75-16 winter tires on black steelies

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode