New Dunlop Rubber - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

New Dunlop Rubber

Had to break down and replace (scrap) the (insert expletive here) Toyo Open Country A/T's I had on my screw, and here's what I chose. A set of Dunlop rover M/T Maxx Traction LT285/70 R17's
As more of dedicated Bridgstone user, I had a set Dueler Revo A/T's for over 6years on my Exploder before I sold it, and loved them especially in our (B.C.'s) wet weather, and they looked awesome, always got complements on them. I was hard pressed to stray, but these seem to be just aggressive enough for all terrains, yet siped for on road and wet weather performance.
Well so far so good, haven't had the chance to get them in the soup yet, and they're a tick louder on the freeway than the toyo's, but I'm lovin them.
And the best part is they were a touch lighter on the wallet than the Bridgestones, and imagine than the BFG's which I would never conform to anyways.

<<<I started with nothing... and luckily I think I still have most of it left>>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
they look good

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Black Ice
Lots of grip.Looks like a little guarding on the sidewall.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Apprentice

I've got the same, only in 325/60/20. I've had them on since just before Christmas and like them. I do find them a bit noisy, but love the look. I saved around $75/tire over BFG's.

Last edited by davem; 01-24-2010 at 11:38 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:24 AM

nice looking tire

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM

Nice and aggressive looking.

98 Eddie Bauer Expedition 5.4L - 5 Inch Lift - 315/75/16 Hankook AT/M's
2010 F150 XLT XTR 5.4L Tuxedo Black Metallic.. 285/65/20 BFG At's
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
I've got the same, only in 325/60/20. I've had them on since just before Christmas and like them. I do find them a bit noisy, but love the look. I saved around $75/tire over BFG's.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy yours at and did you shop them around at all? How many K's have you got on them now, and how do you find them wearing? Any problems or down side to turning 35"+ tires? How about turning that extra 1 1/2" of width?
Reason I ask is I'm planning on uping to 20" this spring but thinking more of lower pro tire for summer driving and saving these for the winter...
Thx,

<<<I started with nothing... and luckily I think I still have most of it left>>>
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammermill97 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy yours at and did you shop them around at all? How many K's have you got on them now, and how do you find them wearing? Any problems or down side to turning 35"+ tires? How about turning that extra 1 1/2" of width?
Reason I ask is I'm planning on uping to 20" this spring but thinking more of lower pro tire for summer driving and saving these for the winter...
Thx,
I got them at Volco tire and I shopped everyone that sold Dunlop tires in the lower mainland. No one could come within $50/tire of Volco's price.

I've only had them for a month, so wear isn't really noticeable yet.

They are big...bigger than a 35x12.50. I've got a 2.5" leveling kit on the front and had to do some minor trimming of the plastic on the front and rear of the fenders. I also needed 1/4" spacers to get them off the upper control arms, and they still rub at full lock. Aftermarket rims can avoid that but then you'll have more issues with the fenders. If you went with aftermarket rims and a 6" lift I think you'd be ok. That being said I'm perfectly happy with the way I've got them. I don't mind the little bit of rub at full lock and that's really the only downside.

Handling wise, I don't notice any difference between these and the stockers.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
I got them at Volco tire and I shopped everyone that sold Dunlop tires in the lower mainland. No one could come within $50/tire of Volco's price.

I've only had them for a month, so wear isn't really noticeable yet.

They are big...bigger than a 35x12.50. I've got a 2.5" leveling kit on the front and had to do some minor trimming of the plastic on the front and rear of the fenders. I also needed 1/4" spacers to get them off the upper control arms, and they still rub at full lock. Aftermarket rims can avoid that but then you'll have more issues with the fenders. If you went with aftermarket rims and a 6" lift I think you'd be ok. That being said I'm perfectly happy with the way I've got them. I don't mind the little bit of rub at full lock and that's really the only downside.

Handling wise, I don't notice any difference between these and the stockers.
Agreed!! They look great. They def add some muscle to it's stance.
I picked mine up across the line at Discount Tire in Bellingham, and with the high dollar a few weeks back, I'm pretty sure I got a good deal, but I'm going to call Volco just out of curiosity.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:07 PM

I'm looking to get new tires soon aswell. I was thinking Big-O MT since I can get them at cost, or Pro Comp MT extreme. The dunlops look pretty aggresive for an AT. How much for all 4 tires?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode