Cooper Discoverer S/T reviews? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cooper Discoverer S/T reviews?

I posted on here recently about my truck needing new boots soon and a friend of mine happens to have a set of like new 275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer S/T 's that he is looking to sell because he decided he wants a set of massive mud tires, I am just wondering if anyone here is running them and what they think of them? (Noise, Winter Traction, longevity)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 PM

I have a set for my Mazda. I've been really happy with them. I also had a set on my old 1/2 ton GMC work truck in Fort St. John and I ran them year round.

They're not winter tires (ie. so-so on ice, like most of this style of tire), but great in snow, mud, rocks and dirt. In winter, they worked better on the GMC than on my B4000. The B4000 tires are oversized and the truck is light, so it can get pretty squirrely on ice -- not really the tire's fault. They wear extremely well and are pretty quiet on the highway for such agressive treads.

I'd definitely buy them again.

You can find reviews on the net from Australia, where they're really popular all-round offroad tires. Also google Mastercraft Courser C/T, which is also what they're sold as in the US.

Here's a previous comment I made about them, which basically says the same stuff:
http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/showt...er+mastercraft

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode