Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

In-Channel Window Vent Visors

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KIETH F150 
#1 ·
So today I installed the window vent visors on truck, the install very easy :icon_biggrin:
They look good, but can't see them real well against the tinted windows :icon_neutral:
All good until I try to put the windows up! They go up to the top then automaticly go back down half way!! :icon_mad:
Dam Window safety relay. :icon_twisted:
Is there away to stop the safety closing window thing.

#2 ·
Not sure if there is a cure, other than get the visors that stick on the outside. A few years ago when I was getting mine I was at Action Van & Truck World, I told them I wanted in channel visors. They asked if I had power windows, because they don't recommend the in channel visors for vehicles with power windows. When I asked why they said power windows will either go up, then back down due to the safety relay, or they would go up but there is a good chance every time they come down they will pull the visor out of the channel.

#4 ·
I wish I know that before I bot them!!

So update on window problem.
The past week I was not happy with the window going up then back down, but I did find out that if you step the window up bit by bit that it would go up tight, so it wasn't the end of the world. After doing this all week (I'm a smoker) the windows now work automaticly :icon_biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.