How to: Remove 2009-Up CD Player. - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Audio and Electronics Alarms, Audio Systems, DVD and GPS Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

How to: Remove 2009-Up CD Player.

I've needed to remove my factory CD player a few times in the last week and I remember it being difficult and hard to find info on when I first attempted it. Here is how I do it...

Remove the rubber tray that sits at the top of the console, directly beneath the LCD readout, and remove the two 7mm screws that are under it.

Using your fingers only, pop out the bottom plastic piece beneath the main console. I usually push down and in on the top left corner of this piece, until i gain enough grip to pull it outwards. There are two clips one on each side and they release by pulling strait out.

Reach up under neath the console pressing in on the two clips that hold the SYNC interface in place. The clips are on the bottom and right hand side. Press in and push outward on the SYNC interface to release it. Remove the 3rd and final 7mm screw, hidden behind the Sync interface.

Using your fingers again, grip the top area of the driver's side vent pillar and pull outwards, working your way top to bottom until there is enough room from the console to clear it, without scratching the sides of the vent pillar.

Do the same on the passenger's side, but don't expect to get as much give as you did on the driver's side. Use the weird little tray/holder for grip.

Pull the console straight out, making sure it doesn't rub on either of the vent pillar. There are 4 clips, two on each side of the console and they release simply by pulling. I place a rag or anything ontop of the main centre console to prevent any scratches or nicks at this point.

Disconnect all the cables, starting at the top and working your way down. They all come out easy and are self explanatory.

Remove the four 7mm screws that secure the receiver.

Pull the receiver strait out, until you're able to release the cables from the back of it.

Reverse the order to reinstall.

Last edited by Orangetang; 04-13-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode