Synch 1.0 and 2.0 from Ford/Microsoft - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Audio and Electronics Alarms, Audio Systems, DVD and GPS Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Synch 1.0 and 2.0 from Ford/Microsoft

Soon you will see
Synch 2.0 will be available from Microsoft

Full story here

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=27454

"LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2008 – Ford Motor Company and Microsoft announce today that the award-winning Ford SYNC™ in-car connectivity system will be available to even more customers and with even more functionality later this year.

In his keynote address at the 2008 International CES in Las Vegas, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates announced that Ford will expand SYNC to nearly all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury cars and trucks by the end of 2008. Gates also confirmed a new “911 Assist” feature that will help drivers connect with emergency assistance in the event of an air bag deployment.

Introduced in the fall of 2007 and developed jointly by Ford and Microsoft, SYNC provides customers the convenience and flexibility to bring digital media players – Apple iPods, Microsoft Zunes and other MP3 players – and Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones into their vehicle and operate the devices via voice commands or with the buttons on the steering wheel or radio.

SYNC has been very popular. The new technology – which is exclusive to Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles – topped 30,000 unit sales in its first three months on the market. In fact, Ford says SYNC is on track to reach 1 million sales in early 2009.

The technology is available today on 12 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. Later this year, it will be offered on nearly every new Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicle.

In addition to the new 911 Assist feature, SYNC is being updated this year to create, on demand, easy-to-understand reports that owners can use to monitor the health of their vehicles.

Because SYNC is a software solution, owners of 2008 models equipped with SYNC already on the road will be able to have their systems updated with the new functions, as well.

“From the start, we pursued an updatable software solution with SYNC, using the consumer electronics business as our model,” said Derrick Kuzak, Ford’s group vice president of Global Product Development. “The ability to add functionality and update the system to work with new devices is what makes SYNC unique in the industry right now. It is a strategy that will benefit our customers over time by ensuring their systems do not become outdated.” "

Do you have it?
Have you add it to your vehicle?
Did it come standard?

I have played with it and would love to add this to my truck.

Need to know what I need

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 PM

You wont be able to ad this to your truck without doing severe modifications to your wiring and stock radio. I would say it's probably about a 3K project if you can find out how to make it work. As you know it will be available on the 09 f-150. My dad works for Ford so he's had a few 'whips' that have had it so far and I must say it is a pretty cool option to have. It works great with the IPOD and is great if you have navigation. All your contacts from the phone book off your cell will appear on the screen and you can filter through them. I will get this option on my next car/truck for sure.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

I have an Navigation unit, so I think this may be plug and play

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08limited View Post
I have an Navigation unit, so I think this may be plug and play
It wont be plug and play, trust me... I wish it was plug and play as well...

2013 F-150 FX4 SUPERCREW 5.0L w/Luxury Package
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Do we have any ford owners with Synch in it
Can we take your setup apart?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08limited View Post
Do we have any ford owners with Synch in it
Can we take your setup apart?
I'll help put it back after we finish!

2013 F-150 FX4 SUPERCREW 5.0L w/Luxury Package

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode