Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Tell us about your truck's stereo or stereo plans!!

7K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Destructicon 
#1 ·
In my old truck I had a Pioneer Z2 Navigation unit installed.
It was great I love the Hard drive on it.
My new truck came with Factory Navigation and I love the sound of that head unit, and the Navigation

What's your stereo and/or ideas look like??

#3 ·
I have a Pioneer 6800

Four Pioneer in the door speakers (forget mod#) and a MTX Thunderform sub 2x10" with a MTX 342 amp.

Only listen to music about 50% of the time, but it rocks at the Drive-in!

#4 ·
Pioneer Avic-Z2 Indash Double Din right now..
When better weather hits.. Thinking about building a under the seat box to get some boom.. Rather then buying a MTX form box for underneath.

Still running factory speakers because they aren't blown yet.. lol

#6 ·
Blaupunkt Seattle MP74 deck, 4 100w RMS Alpine 5x7 Mids & Highs, Nippon Capacitor, Memphis 1000w Mono Amp, 2 10" Audiobahn 900w single coile subs. Powerd by 250amp Alternator, Yellow Top Optima Batterie and Big Three Wire Upgarde

#8 ·
I have the Sony Xplod CDX 4000X that i had since new around '97 or so,was originally bought for my '85 Mustang GT,sold it then transfered it over to my old daily driver Chrysler product,then....now has been transfered to my '06 F-150.Great stereo,has done me well,and in the mustang i have the Panasonic CQ-C8305U.Both still have the stock speakers.

#19 ·
mother puss bucket.
Nice, does it play DVDs too?

I like how it fills the space left from the removal of the factory unit. Probably more than I want to spend on replacing my factory unit.
If I ever meet up with you and you are in this beast, can I take a closer look?? :icon_question:

#15 ·
I have a double din touch screen panasonic CQ-VD6505U dvd/cd/ipod/sat/am/fm that I absolutely love!!!! I also have replaced the stock door speakers with eclipse, and i have a small 2 x 6.5" pioneer powered sub unit under the back seat which fills in the lows nicely!!

Best of all, I did it for under $750 by bargin shopping ebay!

#22 ·
I have a JVC avx11 dvd,2 10 inch pioneer subs in a home made enclosure(nothing fancy,removed rear seats)and 2 mtx 4000 series amps.Still beating the heck out of the factory door speakers(that they told me wouldn't hold up to the mtx amp.I have new alpines to go in but the stockers haven't crapped out yet).Oh and i have a 1000 watt inverter hooked into my 4 gauge main power cable.I work construction and having 110 volts in your truck is handy sometimes. What can i say ... it pounds

#25 ·
older model pioneer deck, eight 6 1\2" memphis speakers for the doors, two 15inch JL w0's for subs going in a cut through from box, 1000d mtx amp, memphis amp for the 6 1\2's, 2 redtop batteries all older stuff but new neverrun because trucks not done yet lol

explorer stock for now might add some 10's for a little bass

G
#32 ·
Ok here goes mine.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD (Modded to play while in drive)
Pioneer 6"x8" 3-Way's in the front doors.
JBL 6"x8" 2-way's in the rear doors.
Infinity Amp 652w RMS @ 2 ohms driving:
2 x 12" Exile (600w RMS) running @ 326w RMS each.
1 Farad Capacitor to keep the amp stiff.

I have the factory overhead DVD player, but I also got a couple 9" Monitor Headrests I want to integrate to feed from the in-dash DVD that I'm waiting to install when it gets above 0 outside.

#33 ·
I purchased the Kenwood DDX512 on Boxing day. Its a double din deck and recently added the Garmin GPS to it. The bluetooth add on by Parrot works flawlessly. I purchased Infinity Kappas to replace the stock speakers but haven't figured out how to take the door panels off on my F350. Sure am hoping the speakers will make a big difference.

#36 · (Edited)
I purchased the Kenwood DDX512 on Boxing day. Its a double din deck and recently added the Garmin GPS to it. The bluetooth add on by Parrot works flawlessly. I purchased Infinity Kappas to replace the stock speakers but haven't figured out how to take the door panels off on my F350. Sure am hoping the speakers will make a big difference.
Assuming it's a 99-07, take a small flat screw driver and pop the refector from the door panel. Pull up on the front pointed area of the panel that holds the PW/PL/Mirror switches, then slide forward. Unplug all plugs (1-4) depending on trucks options. remove the one screw from behind the lens you removed and the other from behind the switch panel you just removed. Grasp the black triangle panel that hides the mirror bolts and pull straight off. Grab the door panel and raise slowly as you pull the panel towards you. If the truck is a 99 or 2000 the reflector may actually be a light so twist out the connector if it has one. voila, panel is off. Speaker is mounted to the door frame with 4 screws and one plug connects to the back of it. When you get it out, you'll realize what a POS they are and be glad you changed them!! Good luck!

#34 ·
Back in September I picked up a Pioneer 600UB deck from Visions for my FX4. Got it for $185 after some wheeling and dealing and then my buddy just gave me a 300W Visonik 10" sub with a box and a Rockford Frostgate Amp. I'm rather impressed with how it sounds for the whole setup costing $250 after getting the fit kit and wires for everything. Kicks the crap outta the setup I had in my old truck and the stock system in this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.