Pioneer deck + Sirius hookup... - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Audio and Electronics Alarms, Audio Systems, DVD and GPS Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Pioneer deck + Sirius hookup...

I'm looking at the Pioneer DEH-5100UB + the required bits to integrate with Sirius satellite (already have a Sirius subscription, rather not bother with XM at this point). Future Shop seems to have the best price going at $400 before taxes.

Is there anybody in CANADA that will beat this price?

I'm just upgrading my deck now, but will be doing speakers, amps, and subs later. This is my first time spending some $$$ on a car stereo after having done installs for friends and family in the past.

2002 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab XTR
Highland green, totally stock, except for Westin nerf bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 AM

I presume thats the 5100 deck, the SD-SB10 adapter and the SC-C1 tuner all for 400? If so that's the going price without buying from discount places or waiting for a sale. Just a couple of points, if you order from crutchfield.ca, they will include the mounting bracket, wiring harness adapter and detailed instructions. Shipping costs will offset a bit of your savings though. Your choice of deck looks good for later expansion. 3x prouts @4v will allow added amps to be well powered. The only thing else you should consider is Bluetooth. Unless you already have a good solution for hands free in your truck, you might want to look at a deck like the 6100BT for $70 more with integrated BT. I can't vouch for how good it works but that what the 30 day return policy is for. If you try to add the BT adapter to the Pioneer after the fact the unit is $200. I am currently upgrading a friends Superduty and have recommended the 6100 to him. If he gets it and I get it installed before you pull the trigger, I will report back here on my experience with it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
I presume thats the 5100 deck, the SD-SB10 adapter and the SC-C1 tuner all for 400?
Exactly.

Quote:
If so that's the going price without buying from discount places or waiting for a sale. Just a couple of points, if you order from crutchfield.ca, they will include the mounting bracket, wiring harness adapter and detailed instructions. Shipping costs will offset a bit of your savings though.
Quote:
Your choice of deck looks good for later expansion. 3x prouts @4v will allow added amps to be well powered.
For the time being, I am going to run the 4 stock speakers from the deck, then upgrade to aftermarket speakers, and then a small 4 channel amp. I'll add a subwoofer or two later with their own dedicated amp.

Quote:
The only thing else you should consider is Bluetooth. Unless you already have a good solution for hands free in your truck, you might want to look at a deck like the 6100BT for $70 more with integrated BT.
I really don't need too much for Bluetooth. I already have a headset and honestly, for the number of calls I get in the truck, I'll just use it for now.

The 'problem' with the 6100BT is the screen is a regular LED type (not OEL like the 5100). It's necessary to go with the 7100 to get the OEL screen but then it's a $100+ jump in the price.

Quote:
I am currently upgrading a friends Superduty and have recommended the 6100 to him. If he gets it and I get it installed before you pull the trigger, I will report back here on my experience with it.
Cool, thanks.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Actually, Crutchfield.ca has free shipping over $129 but they don't have the Pioneer SiriusConnect Adapter in stock

I've emailed them to check on availability.

Hoping to get this installed before it's too cold to work outside

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM

yes, your right, free shipping right now- bonus, I forgot about that. They are fast too. I ordered a piece from them about 3 weeks ago at 3pm and it was on my doorstep at 9:30 the next morning! Thats faster than waiting in the Xmas line at Futureshop.
Something else to consider, why not plug in an Ipod cable for $30 while you have the unit out to plug into the back? I know for me, theres always someone jumping in the truck with me that has a Ipod and loves the fact that they can "plug in"
http://www.crutchfield.ca/Pioneer_CD.../130cdi200.htm

Good catch on the screen differences, if you don't need the BT, then might as well have the better screen. Good luck. Let us know how the install goes and just yell if you've got any questions.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
Something else to consider, why not plug in an Ipod cable for $30 while you have the unit out to plug into the back?
Yup, forgot about that. I'll be doing that as well. Damn, they sure nickel and dime you... another $30 for the cable.

Quote:
Let us know how the install goes and just yell if you've got any questions.
Will do, thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode