Bluetooth RR Mirror ?? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Audio and Electronics Alarms, Audio Systems, DVD and GPS Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Question Bluetooth RR Mirror ??

Hey guys,

Since I'm another that hates using headphones or earpieces, is there anyone out there using one of those Bluetooth RR Mirrors to use your cellphone and drive hands-free ??

Was wondering how you like using them, and if there are any slightly higher end ones above the $30-60 ones for better sound quality and functions.

I only have a factory stereo in my truck, and am fine with it (my BOOM years are behind me, lol), so I'm not looking to upgrade my system and go that route.

Thoughts ??

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 AM

I have not tried the mirror however I have been using a Parrot bluetooth device for 4 or 5 years now and it continues to work well.
It allows you to unplug the connector on the back of your factory radio and plug it in between to the harness & the radio. It will then mute the radio when the call comes in (or out) and play through the factory radio. It also allows the phonebook & voice dial of my BB to pass through and work just like the phone when it is stand alone.

I bought an Apline headunit with GPS that included bluetooth and it was horrible compared to this unit. I put this one back in the truck. If you need a quality unit and can spend more, check the reviews on these, it's hard to find anyone with something bad to say about them.
They also make standa alone products that plug into the power port, I have no experience with these.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Very interesting Phil, thank you......... I'll have to search that one out as I've never heard of it.

-Greg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode