sub mounting??? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Audio and Electronics Alarms, Audio Systems, DVD and GPS Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

sub mounting???

My question for all the stereo guys out there is are there any other locations to put a sub in an 06 F-150 besides under teh back seat? I keep tool kits/tow straps under there so I dont want to lose the space to a sub. I have 6" 3 ways, 6" mids?, and tweets with crossovers and a set of kenwood amps (maybe not the best stuff on the market but its still better than factory). No aftermarket head unit yet. Im not a big stereo person so I have no idea what to do with it all as of yet. I listen to mostly rock and country so I was thinking two smaller subs instead of one large one to get the punch in my bass. Any ideas on sub locations or how to hook it all up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
not really..
supercab?
supercrew?

checking to see if there any room behind the door panel and making a new door panel with 8" sub.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:45 PM

You need a sealed enclosure with a defined amount of air space for the sub to work & sound good so doors are not really a great option unless you have a free air sub (which I know nothing about).
So there really are only 3 posibilities in a truck unless you really modify. Underseat, behind seat and morphed into console. Going with 1 better quality sub will likely yield better sound than 2 cheap subs and the air space requirements will likely be lower.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 12:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
You need a sealed enclosure with a defined amount of air space for the sub to work & sound good so doors are not really a great option unless you have a free air sub (which I know nothing about).
So there really are only 3 posibilities in a truck unless you really modify. Underseat, behind seat and morphed into console. Going with 1 better quality sub will likely yield better sound than 2 cheap subs and the air space requirements will likely be lower.
I beg to differ.
I can personally say I've built a custom sealed enclosure into a door panel.
as it was a custom door panel.

Seeing as there is no room behind the seat in that year of truck, and him not wanting to loose the space underneathe the back seat it doesn't leave too many usual options, so I suggested an option that is unusual, that I've done before.

Also depends on where he wants to put them. the ratio between product and setup is 35:65
35% product
64% setup

Getting a better sub does not always yield better results.

I know, I've done it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
"I beg to differ.
I can personally say I've built a custom sealed enclosure into a door panel.
as it was a custom door panel
I would love to see some pics of an enclosure built into a door panel yielding the required air space for the specific sub being used.

I would also love to hear it to see how they dampened the door enough so the window regulator, glass, door lock assy etc. didn't rattle to the bass.

I'm all in if this can be done.

Quote:
"Getting a better sub does not always yield better results.
I know, I've done it."

Maybe my point was not clear, what I was saying was that if he were going to buy 2 $75 subs, he would be further ahead to buy 1 $150 sub (or less if he can find one that suits him) which could sound just as good or better and lower the air space requirements since space is at a premium already"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Maybe something like this that I already mentioned in another thread...

http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/...of_thin13.html

Might be something of interest...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode