new sound system - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Audio and Electronics Alarms, Audio Systems, DVD and GPS Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

new sound system

Well new headunit arrived getting it installed this weekend the amp sub and door speakers came out my old truck that went back when the lease ran out .
Dont have the PAC fdr1 wiring kit for the sync as the f-in thing does not understand my scottish accent it is 1 pain in the ass have the stearing wheel control ,bluetooth modual to get installed along with the viper remote start alarm system.
The neigbours are going to hate me again they have had 4 weeks of peace happy new year.

here is a pic of the stuff

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/pictu...pictureid=3044
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 AM

You might have better luck with one of the BT devices from Parrot. They are the best of the best at BT. Maybe you know someone that has one that you can try or buy one that can be temp connected then returned if it does not work.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

hey thanks for the input on the parrot bt going to pass thou dont want anything else onthe dash the pac system for the sync gives you full use of all systems on the sync but you have to have a horrid lcd thing on the dash .
thats why im going to get the bluetooth to run through the stereo with the adaptor for the headunit .

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Hopefully the Pioneer BT adapter works well with your phone. I have not had any experience with the Pioneer adapters.
I did an Alpine install and the adapter did not play well her phone.
I just did a JVC install a few weeks ago and it would work with his Rogers Curve but sounded like she-ite to the point where he won't even use it.
My past Alpine system (W205 w/ Blackbird) would sync with my BB World/Telus phone but nobody could hear me & the phonebook would not transfer so I had to continue using the Parrot unfortunately.
A am hoping to get rid of the Parrot off my dash but not until I have my carputer BT working properly.
BT is very tempermental unfortunately. The toughest feature to get to work properly is the voice dial and that is the only convenient/ safe way to make calls when driving. Looking up a phone number in the headunit is pointless, you might as well use the phone to do it.
Let us know how it works for you and with what phone. Good luck with it!

BTW, I have used the sync system in 2 different vehicles and if works great.... but then your stuck with a factory sound system if you want the BT to integrate with the audio. Theres no easy answer!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

well everything now installed and working good
got the pioneer 3200dvd installled last sunday ripped back out on friday and a pioneer 3200bt installed .3200dvd with 200bt adapter did not allow me to download phone book or use multiple phones so out it came now getting installed to a gmc guy at work bought it from me .
So now got pioneer 3200bt ,sat radio adapter,stearing wheel controls,bypass switch for dvd , apline type s in doors.alpine amp kicker sub.Sync functions were lost which i dont mind top led display no reads built ford tough still has directions and temp displays time was lost but have that on head unit.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Glad you got it worked out. Someday maybe BT will work the way it is intented on all units.

Does the 3200bt allow voice dial?

BTW, Enjoy the new system!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

no voice dial it never works for me anyways have a heavy scottish accent always when i try to call someone it never works calls the wife instead of the girlfriend.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 AM

^^ damn! That can hurt.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to lumberjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_cyan View Post
no voice dial it never works for me anyways have a heavy scottish accent always when i try to call someone it never works calls the wife instead of the girlfriend.

Now thats just funny explain to the wife why your calling and asking what lingrie she is wearing for your quick visit ( lol )

Lumberjack
2010 F150 Supercrew 4X4
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode