Diesel Bronco - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Projects and Build-Ups Post about your current project, latest mods, and build-up.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Newbie

Diesel Bronco

Ok here goes I never done one of these b4 and I wanna know what ya'll think bout this. I got a 93 bronco all redone 4 yrs ago not winter driven since, jacked up 4 " with 35's on 17" rims with a 351w mostly stock. I just bought a 97 powerstroke and wanna shorten the frame and put the bronco frame on the diesel chasis with the bronco tank to replace the dual tanks in there now. I know there will be aa few issues like the bronco being push button 4x4 and the diesel has a shifter 4x4 but thats minor stuff.Ive been told ford changed the harness in 97 so matching to the 93 chasis might b trouble but I dont know till i get there right. I got no real trainign but i,ve worked on and owned fords all my life and I just built a huge shop to work in so I got lots of heated room which is a bonus. I dont know when I plan this rebuild I got to save $$$$ I want to powder coat the chasis and do it right and nice some I'm thinkin 30,000$ or so to rebuild everything if not more. If your reading this and wondering why I'm doin this or I have more brains than money, well... Its a convertible truck! Nuff said. Let me know If anyones done this b4 or know much about these 2 vehicles Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Wecome to the FordTough.ca!!

Don't forget to get some pics up!!

As for the harness.. actually they are different.. All NorthAmerican auto makers had to be on an ODBII system by 1996.. some started in 1995.

So that would make the PowerStroke controlled by a ODBII computer..

If I were you. I would keep the electronics for the powerstroke because of the available upgrades for it in computer form..

I would move most if not all the electronics to the bronco and convert the bronco to the 'new' standard, causing you to rewire the bronco..
Their will be some things that will be simple hooks-ups.. Like the lighting system will be fairly easy because that style hasn't changed..

But sounds like a good project.. get some nice torque for the 4x4in'.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode