Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Hid lights installed

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BIGPHIL 
#1 ·
Hey i finally got my hid kit for my head/fog lights their 6000k they look mint and bright as hell! heres a pic kinda sh!tty took it with my cell phone tell me what u think..

See less See more
#2 ·
they look good,
how much did you pay for em cause noww i'm looking for a set to gowith my new projector headlights

#3 ·
They look great...seem brighter than my 4300's. get ready to get the finger from oncoming traffic...i get it steadily..they think i have my hi-beams on with my fogs...that can't happen...at least without a little tinkering..:icon_rolleyes:

#6 ·
Thx guys and i already got yelled at by other people lol or they honk the horn at me lol

so far no i havnt.. only problem is when i turn on my truck the lights dont turn on 1st try sometimes they do.. its only low beam so i have to flicker my high beams couple of times till i get it to work and did ur hid's just plug n play or u had to connect something to battery?

#9 ·
they are plug n play too and it worked good but it brought another wire that has a relay fuse and red/black cable for the battery..then it has another wire that connects to the box wich is the power wire and from there it goes to the other box and connects to the power kinda wierd should of took a pic of it lol i think only the high/low beams have that but my high beams no work its only one setting i have to call them back to give me my $80 extra i paid for it

#10 ·
Ahh icic if you could get a picture that would be awesome I'm still having troubles here and there with flickering when I'm driving so I'm gonna try and greese them up tomorrow to see if that works I can't run my drls cuz they flicker like strobe lights as for your kit did you get the hid low/halogen high,motorized hid hi/low or just hid low which I don't think comes in 9007

#11 ·
i order the high/low but only got low.. or maybe high i dont know i just got one option on.. lol wen i 1st installed them they flicker like crazy night club style and on one of the wires with neg/pos had a plastic thing plugged into it i took it off and it was fine :S

#12 ·
Looks good!
I am considering doing the same.

#13 ·
Weird... Did you recheck all your plugs douse when I first installed mine I had a hi beam out and when I checked my conections I noticed that one of the metal tips in the male plug was bent so I bent it bad and it worked but do know that are bulb 9007 doesent cone in single beam so there's definatly a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.