Deletes do it your self or not? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Diesel Engines Intake, Exhaust, Tunes, and Mechanical Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Deletes do it your self or not?

Just tiring to learn more. I am researching doing the dpf and egr delete. How easy is it to do your self I would say I'm mechanically inclined but would say my knowledge of diesel is rookie.
Would your recommend getting someone to do it?
And what should it cost to get it done?
I priced out the parts and came in around $2700 with Minni max, delete, cold air

What cold air do you recommend? Is there one that is better then the other for driving gravel with dusty conditions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 12:20 PM

Garage
I have lots of experience with the 6.0L, but none with the newer 6.4L and 6.7L motors. It was enough to learn about the 6.0, my brain couldn't absorb any more. I assume that you have the 6.4L (you should fill out your signature, so we know what your vehicle is), that I know has a lot more "stuff" than the 6.0. Also if you don't already know, thedieselstop.com is the premier website for any Ford diesel owner, IMO. There is all kinds of info there and worth looking into. I mainly used them when I built my 6.0 to be reliable as possible...and go faster too. Lol.

I would definitely recommend that you do the work yourself. Just take extra time, do the research, and you'll feel real good about the experience. It is a bit intimidating at first, but it's not as bad as you'd think. Oh, and you'll save a shitload of money! Our Ford dealer now charges $160 an hour to work on diesels...and their techs are still in diapers!

The Hauler - '05 F-350 4x4 CC Dually 6.0 Powerstroke
The Project - '90 Ford Bronco 4x4
The wife's - '11 Ford Escape
For every minute you are away from work...you can add two minutes to your life!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sounds good I will join that. I have done my cold air, exhaust and chip on my old gas truck. But kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode