What modifications have you done? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Diesel Engines Intake, Exhaust, Tunes, and Mechanical Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

What modifications have you done?

I have a 2007 F-350, CC, DRW, PSD, Auto, 4x4, 4.10 LS. Right now it is completely stock. I am curious as to what intake, exhaust, intercooler, and programmer modifications others have done on the 6.0. Whose products have you used, are you happy with the results, and have there been any issues. My biggest concern is fuel mileage. With the truck set up for work, which is a slide in unit which weighs approx 3500lb I get 10-10.5 mpg according to the computer, and when I tow my 32' TT (the slide in unit is removed) the best mileage I have gotten is 9.4 mpg. Speed when towing is around 100km/h, and work mileage is combined city and highway.

Thanks

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lilbigtrk
i have a 1993 fors ranger. 4L 5spd. 4x4. with a 4inch body lift 33x12.5R15 tires. i have in the las 3 month added a chrome push bar. black roll bar wiht 4 off road lights. and of light under my grill on the front end. inside i have for a aftermarked deck JVC, with pioneer speakers all around. 2 10" mxt subs with a 800watt mtx amp. and some blue led's on the top of the box...that all done now... i have new tires comming in 2 weeks,

MAKE: Ford, MODEL:Ranger, YEAR: 1993, MODS:4inch body lift, 32 11.5 15 M/T's, push bar chrome, rollbar black,4 off road light JVC CD deck,2 12' mtx subs, 1000watt mtx amp,blue neon
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbigtrk View Post
i have a 1993 fors ranger. 4L 5spd. 4x4. with a 4inch body lift 33x12.5R15 tires. i have in the las 3 month added a chrome push bar. black roll bar wiht 4 off road lights. and of light under my grill on the front end. inside i have for a aftermarked deck JVC, with pioneer speakers all around. 2 10" mxt subs with a 800watt mtx amp. and some blue led's on the top of the box...that all done now... i have new tires comming in 2 weeks,

I think the question being asked is diesel specific....

2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS2SS
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:02 PM

There certainly are lots of different choices out there and it can be sort of a daunting decision as to which way to go.

To start think of a diesel engine as a big air pump. The more air we can move in (intake) and out (exhaust) the more efficient the engine is going to run. These would be the first things to go with. Then either a programmer or a module. I personally like the Edge Juice with Attitude. The reason is you get the whole package all in one. You get your gauges which allow you to monitor exhaust gas temps and a few other things. You can also adjust the power levels on the fly. Some programmers will take the speed limiter off and adjust for tire size. The Edge doesnt do either of those things, so if that is something you are looking for, then a programmer is the way to go. Do your research which it looks like you are. If you have any questions you can shoot me a pm if you want.

Pat Stewart
Technical Sales
www.bd-power.com
800-887-5030 xt 101
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 AM

iv'e done a couple things.....start with firming up the tranny (less slippage),better exhaust and better air delivery, Then gauges and then tunes.....remember gauges then tunes so you can keep track of EGT,s...Have fun...I have PMS pretty bad.(Power stroke Mod syndrum)

2011 F350 Dually PSD CC Lariat ultimate still stock
y2k x cab 4x4, with a few extras. broke Feb 2011 collision
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 AM

Send a message via MSN to BMac
I have some friends with 6oh's, first off get a set of gauges so you can monitor boost, pyro temps and trans temp, 5r100 is a pretty decent tranny so it'll be alright with moderate increase in power. Your intercooler is fine.
S&B make, IMO, the best filter for the 6oh, full turbo back exhast is also a good idea.

For Programming go with an SCT and get custom tunes for it, that'll be your best bang for you buck...and you can get them specific for what you want, whether it be hot rodding, towing, etc...google search can get a few options for this

Also if you want to make it more reliable, headstuds and deleting the EGR are very good ideas, plenty of other things that can be done like upgraded fuel system, turbos, etc if you want even more go

2011 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 5.0 Golden Bronze Metallic
2002 Ford F350 Super Duty(Sold)
1977 Ford Early Bronco
2009 Victory Jackpot
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 PM

My sig says it all. MPG up 12% on the 7.3l for the 6.0l I agree with BMac on the SCT tunes.

Stock 2009 F-350 Lariat 4x4 Off Road 6.8 V10

Last edited by dusted4eva; 05-17-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Forgot Engine Size.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 AM

i've got arp head studs, hypertech max energy, and a magnaflow 4" turbo-back. haven't deleted the egr yet...it's on my to-do list. I get a consistent 600 km per tank.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
zip

Zoodad mod, straigt pipe, gauges. I had a tuner (Edge evolution) still have it but it's not in the truck I plan on going with the SCT once I sell it. Do not mess with the intake. The stock filter is good for up to 500 hp and filters better. Your turbo will thank you.

Chris

03 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 S/B Lariat,Procomp 2" leveling kit, zoodad mod, straight pipe
75 F150, 79 Bronco

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode