FICM REPROGRAMMING - Page 2 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Diesel Engines Intake, Exhaust, Tunes, and Mechanical Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

I got the 58v change and I do not know if it increased the horsepower any, but the engine does feel and sound smoother. I have not encountered any adverse issues with it yet It has been almost 7 months.

I don't tow but i do drive it like it was a tricked out mustang (Smoking tires at stop lights etc.) so if there was an issue I'm sure it would have presented itself by now.

2003 F350 Super Cab XLT 6.0L
Smokers exhaust attached to Cab
4.5 lift
35" tires
Her name is "Betsie"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sicksoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsforever6.0 View Post
I've been looking into sending my FICM to these guys: http://ficmrepair.com/. Seem to be very popular and reliable. I'm sure I read somewhere they used to do the 58v thing but went away from it as it created other issues.
I wouldn't hesitate to send my unit to these guys they are very good and very resonably priced. You are correct they don't offer the 58V mod anymore because they beleived it was creating to much heat and causing them to fail sooner, with that being said yes it is in part to heat that our FICM's fail but the main reason is do to vibration because of where it is mounted. It's up to you if you want to do the 58v or not I have not seen any problems ever with it

2006 PSD CC FX4 Sport SRW S/B
SCT with custom tunes by Quick tricks, Grand Rock turbo back dual 6" Miter cut stacks,
Xenon Fender flares,Tinted factory tails, Recon white lightning L.E.D. light bar, Glasstite topper

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode