Batteries - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Diesel Engines Intake, Exhaust, Tunes, and Mechanical Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Batteries

not sure where to put this but here goes, looking to replace the batteries in the diesel on looks original and the others a kirklands had issues last winter with dead batteries so need 2 new matching ones.

Whos got the best batteries ? need lots of cranking amps for the diesel and winter months price is always best if low but dont want no name junk that lasts only a year or so.

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Garage
My '95 had the original batt's until I sold it a couple of years ago. They were original Ford "silver" series batteries. I have a couple of Chev mechanic friends who swear by and buy the Motorcraft batteries for their GM's. When it comes time for batteries in my diesel it will be the Motorcraft ones for me...maybe "Gold: series if available. Always replace in pairs. Do you plug the block heater in at all, in the winter?

The Hauler - '05 F-350 4x4 CC Dually 6.0 Powerstroke
The Project - '90 Ford Bronco 4x4
The wife's - '11 Ford Escape
For every minute you are away from work...you can add two minutes to your life!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 01:38 PM

I replaced mine with an Odessey Battery I like it allot, read all the info here http://www.odysseybattery.com/batteries.html

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 02:25 PM
zip

When I put batteries in my truck I put in AC Delco. Not the best but are fine so far. The price was decent.

Chris

03 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 S/B Lariat,Procomp 2" leveling kit, zoodad mod, straight pipe
75 F150, 79 Bronco
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRWZ View Post
I replaced mine with an Odessey Battery I like it allot, read all the info here http://www.odysseybattery.com/batteries.html
I put a pair of Odessey's in my 06 diesel truck in the spring. One of my batteries was an original and the other appeared to be a used Delco. I had some slow start ups in the cold mornings, so I figured they were due for replacement.

They weren't inexpensive, but I have used Odessey's in my 2 Seadoos and my Subaru STI with great success.

I picked all of them up in Hamilton at Great North Battery, located on 475 Parkdale. Best pricing I could find for an Odessey.

They fit my truck like stock (no spacers, etc.), have very good cranking amps, a good warranty and they don't leak acid!

Black 06 F-250 CC, 6.0 ltr with Banks TBE, Banks CAI, Edge Juice Platinum w/Attitude, 20" Factory 5 spokes with 35" MT ATZ.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsforever6.0 View Post
My '95 had the original batt's until I sold it a couple of years ago. They were original Ford "silver" series batteries. I have a couple of Chev mechanic friends who swear by and buy the Motorcraft batteries for their GM's. When it comes time for batteries in my diesel it will be the Motorcraft ones for me...maybe "Gold: series if available. Always replace in pairs. Do you plug the block heater in at all, in the winter?
I probly wouldnt normaly but i had to or the batteries this past winter wouldnt have the cranking power after the glowplugs

one batt looks likr original and the others a way smaller kirklands

thanks for the heads up on the batteries, it seems im in over my head with dead batteries lol truck needs 2 plus i have 2 cars ive fixed that are up forsale both need batteries plus both demo cars need batteries.... jeesh

main things the truck, i bought a good batterie for the exploder when i was up in Fort Mac from ford it had a hefty price tag but lots of cranking amps dumb me didnt switch it out before i sold the exploder

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsforever6.0 View Post
I probly wouldnt normaly but i had to or the batteries this past winter wouldnt have the cranking power after the glowplugs

one batt looks likr original and the others a way smaller kirklands

thanks for the heads up on the batteries, it seems im in over my head with dead batteries lol truck needs 2 plus i have 2 cars ive fixed that are up forsale both need batteries plus both demo cars need batteries.... jeesh

main things the truck, i bought a good batterie for the exploder when i was up in Fort Mac from ford it had a hefty price tag but lots of cranking amps dumb me didnt switch it out before i sold the exploder

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 12:13 AM

Garage
If your lucky, maybe you can use the diesel's batteries for the demo cars. Might last a while longer in a gasser.

The Hauler - '05 F-350 4x4 CC Dually 6.0 Powerstroke
The Project - '90 Ford Bronco 4x4
The wife's - '11 Ford Escape
For every minute you are away from work...you can add two minutes to your life!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode