The Plugs are done - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 310
The Plugs are done

Well I took my truck in today to get the plugs changed and everything went off without a hitch. I was worried about one breaking after the horror stories and since i didnt know if they had been changed prior to me buying the truck. But they all came out good, and they look pretty good, pretty consistent across the board. Now i just need to see about getting a better tune done. Just dont feel like spending 200 and waiting 3 months for troyer. Guess im going to be waiting a while for him though.
Roadwarrior is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 AM
 
4X4 EH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bethany, Ontario
Posts: 897
Send a message via MSN to 4X4 EH
What was the mileage @ plug change?

My FX4 5.4L came with 56k and I am trying to determine what mileage is best to change the plugs. (I got the truck @ the end of January)

Thank you in advance for a reply.

SOLD - 2006 FX4 s/cab- ; MBRP exhaust, ARE tonneau cover, K&N CAI
2003 Mach 1
2012 Shelby GT500
4X4 EH is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:12 AM
 
Smokefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 EH View Post
What was the mileage @ plug change?

My FX4 5.4L came with 56k and I am trying to determine what mileage is best to change the plugs. (I got the truck @ the end of January)

Thank you in advance for a reply.
You may want to consider changing while vehicle is still under warranty


http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1161

2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS2SS
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71


Smokefan is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 10:27 AM
 
4X4 EH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bethany, Ontario
Posts: 897
Send a message via MSN to 4X4 EH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokefan View Post
You may want to consider changing while vehicle is still under warranty


http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1161
Yes thx for the link.
I read it before I bought my truck and sort of forgot about it.
IMO, Blackstock looks to be a responsible dealer and a place one can trust to do the right thing.
Now I have to decide on if I can spend a day up in Orangeville to schedule & drop off my truck before 60k for the plug change.

Thx again.

SOLD - 2006 FX4 s/cab- ; MBRP exhaust, ARE tonneau cover, K&N CAI
2003 Mach 1
2012 Shelby GT500
4X4 EH is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior View Post
Well I took my truck in today to get the plugs changed and everything went off without a hitch. I was worried about one breaking after the horror stories and since i didnt know if they had been changed prior to me buying the truck. But they all came out good, and they look pretty good, pretty consistent across the board. Now i just need to see about getting a better tune done. Just dont feel like spending 200 and waiting 3 months for troyer. Guess im going to be waiting a while for him though.
Good to hear. The stuff I read on another forum I'm a member with makes it sound like the plugs are guaranteed to break every time. I've never believed that, as long as you take your time and follow the proper procedure they should come out problem free. Nothing on these modular engines is as easy as it was in the old days, try to explain that to some people though.
Tbird69 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 310
My truck has 105K on it and as i said i didnt know if they were changed before. But he said he thinks they might have been changed so it wasnt hard to take them out. And when he noticed that i had put on new COP's he said that if i could do that i could change the plugs. And now that ill know how long they have been in the head i think im going to try changing them myself next time. Only have like 60-70K to wait lol.
Roadwarrior is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:14 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 24
As long as the proper antiseize was used on the ground shield the next plug change should go just as well.
Tbird69 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:40 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 68
Quote:
IMO, Blackstock looks to be a responsible dealer and a place one can trust to do the right thing.
Now I have to decide on if I can spend a day up in Orangeville to schedule & drop off my truck before 60k for the plug change.
If you decide to head here, make sure you say hi to Jim and I (Randy)
Phantom Wolf is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 08:06 AM
 
4X4 EH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bethany, Ontario
Posts: 897
Send a message via MSN to 4X4 EH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Wolf View Post
If you decide to head here, make sure you say hi to Jim and I (Randy)
Will do - I intend to be there tomorrow picking up some parts, unless the roads are covered in ice.

SOLD - 2006 FX4 s/cab- ; MBRP exhaust, ARE tonneau cover, K&N CAI
2003 Mach 1
2012 Shelby GT500
4X4 EH is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 506
Glad to hear everything went well...i plan on doing a plug change this summer, by then my truck will have 50,000 plus klm's on it. I know they don't need to be changed at that milage but i want to have piece of mind and put some anti-sieze on the new plugs.
white4by4 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changing glow plugs? oilman Diesel Engines 7 06-02-2009 03:44 PM
plugs/wires noname42 F-150 Pre-1997 Forum 6 03-23-2008 03:00 PM
Spark Plugs klewis Gas Engines 2 02-28-2008 04:48 PM
Nervous about plugs... dalman Gas Engines 2 02-18-2008 08:15 PM
changing spark plugs tear u a new 1 Gas Engines 3 12-15-2007 06:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome