NEED HELP: 4.6 Engine Trouble - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

4.6 Engine Trouble

Im Having trouble with my 4.6
when the truck is underload from shifting 4th to 5th like climbing a hill it missed like crazy sputters spits it like the Trans is going to fall out when i checked the truck in the garage i noticed a spark arcing around the top of the coil pack when i looked at it where the plug from the computer hooks up found out it was broke so i changed the coil pack and im still having the same problem before but it kicked a code and turned the check engine light on before i changed the new one but didnt have a code reader to clear it so someone told me to disconnect the negitive cable to clear the code but did it really clear it or just turn the light out if someone might live near me have a code reader that can help me out i live just south of Peterborough Ont .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 02:21 PM

you might want to check the sparkplug for the cyl you changed coil as it might be fouled,if you unhooked battery for more than 5min it will have cleared the code but also would have reset idle stategy and trans adaptive memory,you will have to relearn it,just with key on eng off press throttle 3times to floor start it up and let idle until at operating temp road test 10 km @ 50-80kmh let vehicle decellerate to under 55kmh(resets crank learn for misfire capture)than all should be good.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Shelbyx1
I just got back from the garage today and found out that i was getting 2 code errors misfire cyl 3/7 was going to get them to give me new plugs and wires but when they pulled the wires of the plugs they found water in side the hole where the plugs and wires go so he said i have a intake manifold gasket gone and water is getting in the cylinder so now its a bigger job to do so i hope this will be it