Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

The New F-150

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  hogdust 
#1 ·
Anyone hear some recent news on the new F-150? I have mixed feelings on a aluminum body. Painted aluminum does not stay painted long in this province with our marine climate so I see lots of work for paint shops here. Aluminum does not have the flexibility of steel either. Would love to put this truck to the test here in Newfoundland. I hope Ford does some of its testing in Canada but I doubt it. Would Stainless Steel been much more expensive than Aluminum? I do not know but think it would of been a better material. Vehicles rust quite fast in this province but the trade off for a aluminum body may not be worth it.

I also wonder if Ford will fix the manifold in the new F-150. Ford F-150 has had manifold issues for decades. Corrosion issues here should be addressed.

Anyway, any thoughts or info members have would be of interest.

#2 ·
Stainless steel would be great, but would probably cost 5x as much, prices of $200,000+ would probably hurt sales. lol

PS - some guys on here think Ford builds them with design defects on purpose, so we have to buy more.

I couldn't tell you if that's true or not, maybe I've been lucky over a number of F150's to never have any issues, manifold or otherwise.

Don't know if there's any real world info available yet, but you would hope that doing major re-design would merit some research by Ford.

Have to wait and see when the 2015's start production and hit the streets in the fall.

I still haven't warmed up to the new design, interior or exterior.

#7 ·
One thing I found odd about the '15 model year was no mention of the Raptor.

All the commotion over the re-design, and not a word from SVT, 2014 could be the last Raptor for a while.

Not real partial to how the FX4 trim level got deleted from the line up either.

#10 ·
The photos I have seen of the new F-150 double cab appears to have the suicide doors. I hope that's not the case but it looks like it. GM has finally opened their eyes to this and gotten rid of the suicide doors. I hope Ford is not going to pick up GM's mistakes.

#11 ·
There are the suicide doors and they open up almost a full 180 degrees

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.