FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts (https://www.fordtough.ca/forums/)
-   Exterior (https://www.fordtough.ca/forums/73-exterior/)
-   -   Leakie Sliding Rear Window (https://www.fordtough.ca/forums/73-exterior/2714-leakie-sliding-rear-window.html)

lumberjack 05-03-2008 03:34 PM

Leakie Sliding Rear Window

Hey guys not sure who all has a 2004 fx4 supercab 4x4 with a power sliding rear window, but found out last night (friday) in the rain that yeah my window leaks in passengers top corner. :icon_mad: So called my local dealer in Dutton salesman said they'd have to pull the window and reseal it. Whats you input on this be very helpfull thanks Lumberjack

fordtough.ca 05-03-2008 07:29 PM

lumberjack 05-03-2008 08:27 PM

The dealer did ask if it was the slider that was leaking. But it's not the slide part that leaks

fordtough.ca 05-03-2008 09:33 PM

I'm surprise its the window
Because the are usually no problems

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

tohi2care 05-03-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjack (Post 30199)
So called my local dealer in Dutton salesman said they'd have to pull the window and reseal it. Whats you input on this be very helpfull thanks Lumberjack

My input is to allow the dealer to reseal your window and be done with it.

f150phule 05-03-2008 10:07 PM

This isnt a new thing with Ford. Some of the 97-03 had issues with the rear windows leaking, some from under the 3rd brake light others from the Driver's side corners. As long as the dealer is willing to step up and fix if for free its cool. Just make sure you ask if this happens again, even out of warranty that they will fix it for free since its a pre-existing issue.

lumberjack 05-04-2008 11:02 AM

Well I don't have any warranty on the truck but I'm gonna make them fix it for free thats for sure. My 03 Ranger Edge had the same problem always leaked but it was at the slide part in the middle that truck didn't have carpet so I didn't really worry about it to much plus I got rid of it after year truck was to small, and not 4 wheel drive.

Coruptyed 05-04-2008 12:10 PM

hey Lumberjack let me know how it goes how long it takes etc, i have the same problem right now on my back window... i just dont know many details of about getting it resealed

lumberjack 05-04-2008 05:47 PM

Hey Coruptyed not a problem will let you know the final out come, calling the dealer monday to see when they can do it and how long they will have my truck.

Lilbigtrk 05-04-2008 06:12 PM

my rear window leaks but i think its from the third brake light when i had to replace the bulbs.