FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts (https://www.fordtough.ca/forums/)
-   F-150 2004 to 2008 Forum (https://www.fordtough.ca/forums/60-f-150-2004-2008-forum/)
-   -   Well Tommorow She Goes To The Shop (https://www.fordtough.ca/forums/60-f-150-2004-2008-forum/3053-well-tommorow-she-goes-shop.html)

Roadwarrior 06-09-2008 05:18 PM

Well Tommorow She Goes To The Shop

Well, Ive been pondering getting some new tunes for my truck from troyer since the ones i have just dont impress me. But i always hated the idea of waiting 2 months to get the tunes. So enter plan B. One of my buddies here in edmonton knows some guys who started a shop called Horsepower solutions. They actually went down into the states to take some courses on dyno tuning vehicles. So instead of emailing back and forth with troyer, i have decided to just take my truck in and get it dyno tuned. They are going to be using a program called HP tuners, which means the Xcal 2 is goin up for sale. They seem to have a pretty good track record as the guy who will be doing the tuning has a 10s street truck. So im hoping to get some video of it as they will be doing a few baseline runs and then spending a couple hours goin through it. So ill try and post the dyno graphs and a video if i can. Im really looking forward to it.

Oreo 06-09-2008 06:28 PM

What kind of gains are you looking at?

Roadwarrior 06-09-2008 07:24 PM

The biggest thing im hoping for is better low rpm response. I have some other mods already on the truck, so im hoping they can get everything working well together. Ideally im hoping to see maybe 10-15hp but that may be shooting a bit high, a little bit more torque as i pull a quad trailer alot, and maybe 2-4mpg if things go well. Most things im pretty good with, just hoping they can round out the shortcommings to make for one nice package.

Oreo 06-09-2008 07:31 PM

I know what you mean, I'm not overly happy with my low RPM response either. You should be able to get at less 7 to 10hp easy, but heres to hoping. :happy116:

fordtough.ca 06-10-2008 12:01 AM

Roadwarrior 06-10-2008 12:05 AM

Im charging the camera as we speak lol.

fordtough.ca 06-10-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadwarrior (Post 34472)
Im charging the camera as we speak lol.

So you hope for, and what fuel are you running

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Roadwarrior 06-10-2008 12:48 AM

Im probably gonna just go with a 87 octane tune, as when we go camping 91 isnt always available, plus the fuel costs kinda keep me away from 91 usually.

fordtough.ca 06-10-2008 01:09 AM

I'm waiting on my Gryphone programming
All 3 levels are 87 octane

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Roadwarrior 06-10-2008 01:25 AM

Ya this one essentially just rewrites the factory comp so you only get the one tune. I thought about going with a 91 tune, but didnt think it was worth the extra gas costs. And these guys seem to know their stuff so im sure they will be able to get a bit more out of my truck even with 87.