Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a look at the ford website and a brochure, it seems that you cannot get the 2.7 ecoboost with 4x4 in most of the trim levels. and the 2.7 is not even available in lariat, etc.?
thought it was touted as the little engine that could?
I was pondering giving it a shot if I bought a new one, now its looking like I cant?!?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just built a XLT Crew with 4x4 and 2.7 and a Lariat Crew with 4x4 and 2.7. You have to change the options like a 5.5' box etc. if you play around with it long enough you can get what you want. If you really can't get it to where you want on the site call your dealer and ask if they can configure it that way IRL.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.
yes you're right. I went back and tried again. cant get it with the 6.5' box and screw and 4x4. but can get it with 5.5' box and screw and 4x4....
or any of the above combos with 4x2...
seems weird to me.
screw with 6.5' box is not that common but it is the ideal combo in my mind.
not at the point of wasting dealers time yet, so I didn't bother calling/talking with them.

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
My 2013 FX4 4x4 was a Supercrew with a 6.5 ft box, ordered no problem, but it had the 5.0L. Things may have changed though, but that was a good configuration, depends on your needs I suppose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Love the 6.5ft box. Much more functional the 5.5ft on most SCREWS.

I always feel a bit sad when I remember that the 2.7, exactly half of my 5.4 has more power.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2013 FX4 4x4 was a Supercrew with a 6.5 ft box, ordered no problem, but it had the 5.0L. Things may have changed though, but that was a good configuration, depends on your needs I suppose.
yes but you cannot get that combo with the 2.7 which I find odd

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
In response to the actual topic it appears you cannot get a Supercrew 4x4 w/6.5ft box and a 2.7L. It defaults to a 5.0L.

5.5ft box or get a Supercab and you can get a 2.7

It's a sign, get a V8. :grin2:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'll get better gas mileage too, and it'll last longer. :laugh::haha:
not sure I believe that the 5 litre would get better gas mileage, but that's irrelevant...
theyre trucks, they all suck.
and if I go forward, it would be a company vehicle. so I DGAF how long it lasts.:grin2:

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Now now, its all relative, no one buys a truck for gas mileage, aerodynamics alone work against you, never mind the engine.

Sorry, that was just my bias against the Ecoboost showing, at least I can admit I have a problem right?

Just love my V8's too much.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know of your love of the ecoboosts.
found it funny though that you of all people brought up gas mileage though.
but in all honesty, real world, 5L seeing better mileage than 2.7?
haven't made the leap to the American forums yet to do any sort of research.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
i know of your love of the ecoboosts.
found it funny though that you of all people brought up gas mileage though.
but in all honesty, real world, 5L seeing better mileage than 2.7?
haven't made the leap to the American forums yet to do any sort of research.
In the real world it seems the 2.7 is quite good. The 5.0 not as much but better than the 3.5 in the 2011-2014 trucks I'm sure it's the same in the 15+.

Towing wise the 5.0 was better than the 3.5 by a couple MPG.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey
well I'm just past the month and half of my new truck.
and not much highway driving just mainly stop and go. so far I'm at 11.2/100km my fusion was around 9.2ish same driving conditions
and yes I didn't get it for the gas mileage
so I guess that it really depends on what your gonna do with the truck . I for example know Im not towing but wanted another truck as we decided not to downsize to a condo so having a truck again for my property comes in handy for now. Gonna do some road trips this summer and will see how the gas mileage holds up, but I know it's not my 2013 fusion so I'm not expecting much.
anyone with 5L city driving give some info on how much gas it uses.
as stated above these are trucks but it's nice to get a little more km here and there
Glenn

·
Registered
6 Posts
As of Monday we pick up our 2.7L, only been 9.5 weeks waiting for it to come in. I'm leaving behind a 2.7L car that is NA for this guy, pretty excited to be back into a truck. We test drove in Newmarket but ended up buying from a dealer in Durham region. I see you are in Bradford, did you get it from around here? We are newmarket.

Hey
well I'm just past the month and half of my new truck.
and not much highway driving just mainly stop and go. so far I'm at 11.2/100km my fusion was around 9.2ish same driving conditions
and yes I didn't get it for the gas mileage
so I guess that it really depends on what your gonna do with the truck . I for example know Im not towing but wanted another truck as we decided not to downsize to a condo so having a truck again for my property comes in handy for now. Gonna do some road trips this summer and will see how the gas mileage holds up, but I know it's not my 2013 fusion so I'm not expecting much.
anyone with 5L city driving give some info on how much gas it uses.
as stated above these are trucks but it's nice to get a little more km here and there
Glenn

·
Registered
273 Posts
All this talk about not getting a truck for gas mileage...sorry guys, I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Apples to oranges, we're talking gas, not diesel.

Besides that, you're breaking the law by driving over the posted limit, not to mention by using your cell phone while driving. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts