Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2006 F150 FX4 (US version) and ran the VIN Decoder at Ford Fleet. I am suprised at the stated HP rating of 250. Can this be right? I do have the 5.4 3v engine under the hood, so shouldn't it be rated at 300HP?

Did I make a bad buy?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Will, First welcome to ford tough, Second, the information you posted doesn't seem right the 5.4 3v is rated 300 HP @ 5000 RPM and 365 (lb-ft)Torque @ @ 3750 rpm. by adding a cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust (I would recommend a magnaflow) and a custom tune and some electric fans as well you can wake that puppy up, Don't worry you made a good buy

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
300 is the stock rating, MBRP has much better gains over Magnaflow as it is more custom engineered.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Isn't the 4.6 rated somewhere around 250 HP? If its a 5.4 3V is got 300.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Not sure of the HP gain but before my 20s wouldn't break traction, after they would on dry pavement. Plan to dyno this year sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys everyone.

Everyone I have spoke to since posting this thinks its 300 HP, just not sure why it would report as a 250HP on the VIN decoder. If I could post attachments I could show you the actual VIN results from FordFleet.com.

Initially I thought I must have got a different version of the 5.4. sorry for my ignorance, Im just coming back to Ford products after a substantial absence.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Thanks for the replys everyone.

Everyone I have spoke to since posting this thinks its 300 HP, just not sure why it would report as a 250HP on the VIN decoder. If I could post attachments I could show you the actual VIN results from FordFleet.com.

Initially I thought I must have got a different version of the 5.4. sorry for my ignorance, Im just coming back to Ford products after a substantial absence.
Any time Will
and welcome back
:icon_smile: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_smile:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts