Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Random thoughts:

All that chrome makes my head hurt. Not a fan.

Two bar front grille fail on the XLT - all those smaller divisions in the grille make it too busy looking. Not a fan.

The Lariat model with the three bar is slightly better, but again, the chrome makes my head hurt. Not a fan.

Those small grille openings should make investing in a power washer to clear off the bug life a good idea.

The HID's on the Lariat are almost identical to the ones on my wires Edge. Meh.

Come to think of it, the grille bears some resemblance to the Edge too.

Big ass, double post mirrors with chrome caps and reflectors on the Lariat...look like elephant ears. Not a fan.

The Lariat was never my favourite trim level, I prefer the FX4....little less flashy, and no faux woodgrain on the interior.

Good find Travis.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I def saw the resemblance of the headlights to the rest of the fleet. Personally id like to get my hands on a set to see what they are running and probably upgrade the projector also contemplating how I would do LED DRL in it. Wondering if they change the paint scheme of it to the different models. Cant wait to see some prices on them.

Same goes for the 3 bar grille. If there is a fx4 design in progress i'm curious to what the paint scheme will be. I don't mind the design just too much chrome

Edit.
I do not like the dumbo jumbo elephant ears for mirrors it has. Looks like they are from a SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
For the grill, I like the concept of trying to mimick the menacing SuperDuty grill, but I think they missed the mark here. I agree with SVT4MT that the finer lines make it look whimpy. The three bar Lariat grill is the better looking of the two from the pics, but I would have to see it in real to make the final decision. And it would be nice to see if there's a new FX4 design. I don't mind the look of the projectors...and don't mind the look of the bigger towing mirrors.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say yes to that.
I believe they are the towing mirror option.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don't mind the Lariat grill, but not big on the head lights!!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
not a fan of the blue trucks grill but the other isnt to bad dont mind the headlights either but why didn they do the fogs aswell ? They also need to do something with the outdated tailights... Its still a better looking truck 10fold then the chebby/gmc's, dodges are nice to look at but would scare anyone off with there fuel milage and mech issues.... The duel exhaust molded into the bumper is a sweet option though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Waiting to see the FX4 package. I don't like chrome and prefer grey coloured wheels that I had on my 2008 Edge Limited. Wish they had those for the 150 ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Regarding the lights, I wonder what Ford is using as DRLs now? They won't use the HIDs for that so perhaps the front turn signal on full brightness? If so, I really like that method better than using the low beams as they do currently.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im gunna assume they are. The rest of the fleet is doing it that way when. Hid projectors were installed at factory.

·
Registered
41 Posts
don't like the grill or the mirrors, Has anyone seen what the fx4's are going to look like. i hope they didn't change that grill.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I like the 3 bar grille, the projectors look straight off the Edge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even though Ford says that the new headlight offerings are HID, are they actually using an HID bulb? The 2010-2012 Fusion had a projector setup, but the bulbs were Halogen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Even though Ford says that the new headlight offerings are HID, are they actually using an HID bulb? The 2010-2012 Fusion had a projector setup, but the bulbs were Halogen.
According to the video, they are HID.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They didn't offer hid xenons on the fusions. Only halogen projectors.

Also hid projectors and halogen projectors are quite different.

From what i have heard they are probably going to be the same hid projector setup as the mustangs and Lincoln's.

·
Administrator
4,742 Posts
Bump on this thread...been doing some poking around on the 2013 FX4 and discovered some interesting info.

Random dealer pics. Google is your friend, right Travis ?

Random points :

Raptor's 6.2L is now available in the FX4 ($1900 option)

3.73 gears available ($400 option)

Wheel well liners are now an option ($180)

Spray in liners available from factory

Still not sure on the new grille, but looks better than the chrome.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts