Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two months ago, brought in my 2013 F350 6.7L V8 diesel to have this particular recall completed. Since the work was performed, my fuel consumption has decreased by approx. 20% and appears to have also decreased power..........in particular when towing my 5th wheel. I'm the original owner and my driving habits have not changed nor have I driven in any new driving conditions

Dealership insists the recall only changed the the way the exhaust system monitors the NOx emissions. DId nothing to change the way the EGR valve or any other emissions controls operate. Dealership also shared this recall has been completed on multiple vehicles and no other owner concerns.

Reaching out to see if any other owners have had this recall performed and noted any sub-performance issues.

Alternatively.......looking for confirmation that this recall only changed the way the system monitors emissions.......no physical changes to the actual controls.
Thks

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Most likely the NOx is being monitored in such a way that more fuel and less power are going to be the results. Can you get the recall undone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thks for the reply............unfortunately, they said they cannot "undo" the change. Was one of the first questions I had. I'm just going to continue to monitor..........lot's of discussion on the web reagarding removing emissions control components, but not interested in going that route. Engine was designed with those components and don't want to fix one problem and create potentially bigger ones.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
It can be undone, just not entirely legally. I would suggest that you take it to a reputable shop to have the ecm retuned. I have seen these trucks get 12L/100km and enough torque to do 6 wheel peels in 4WD with dual wheels and yet run so quietly that you would never know it was a diesel and still pass emissions with ease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts