Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now I have 2 of these. I'm still beating myself up over which one to swap into my gasser and which one to rebuild for a turbo. But that's another story.

I do have a few questions though
Are you in Ontario and are performance parts for the old 6.9's somewhat easy to come by? I know there is a banks turbo kit and I have also seen stronger head bolts.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, we are actually out in BC. For the 6.9 unfortunately there isn't a lot of choices for performance upgrades. Depending on the mileage you can put new injectors in it to freshen things up and that usually helps a bit with power and economy. You can put a turbo kit on it. Yes Banks is the only one really making a "production" bolt on kit. They are pretty pricey for what you end up with. That is really about all you can do on these. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats the trend I have been seeing. It seems the performance market caters to the cummins 5.9 crowd. And I don't blame them! However I don't have one yet so I'll see what I can do with these International 6.9's. Thanks for your response though. if you hear of anything I seem to be the only one posting in the IDI 6.9 section:icon_biggrin:

I am looking for a deal on a gasket kit for an 85 6.9. UAP NAPA offers a complete kit for just over 400 bux. Also if there were some ARP head bolts covered in dust somewhere for this motor I may be willing!

Thank you for your response!!

Jeff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts