Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba driving a 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II. I got it brand new two years ago and have over 40000km on it already. Lots of highway driving. Loving every minute of it.

I did have a phantom problem though last summer regarding my 4X4. There would be days when I'd try and switch to 4High and nothing would happen. I'd try it again here and there and nothing. Than a week later it would work. One day it wasn't working so i tried brining it to Ford to get looked at (warranty) however as soon as I tried showing them it worked. I continued to have the same problem all summer. However during this winter when I need it most it has been working every time. Knock on wood. Wondering if any of you had any ideas of what might be causing this. I didn't browse the site yet to see if this problem had been discussed already.

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Welcome to fordtough

Does your 4wd use a dash mounted 4x4 switch? if so I would check the shift motor for bad, leaky,or damaged vaccum lines or a sticky shift linkage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.