Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Any drag racers here?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Coxy 
#1 ·
I am all about fast cars/Trucks I have a 10 second rx7 and my truck is 12 seconds before the new Nitrous motor. I will be up in Ashcroft alot in the new year. Mission is my home track.
Even my daily driver Mercedes has had its track day.

the benz did a 13.9@89mph 60ft was amazing at 1.6 my 10 second ride with slicks is only good for 1.5 60 foot times

So who else is a racer?

See less See more
#2 ·
I used to run my old 89 5.0 LX all the time in the early '90's my best was a 12.02 on M/H cheater slicks with a 1.72 60 foot time

Those are some nice 60 foot times you did there :happy116:

#8 ·
old stang with a kenne bell ,never did run it tho,my new car wil be run hopefully this season(been years in the making)

#11 ·
willowbrook collision did my second paint job(some guy from illusions did the flames) ,dr bob did my first lol

#12 ·
Hey bud,

Nice FB! 10 seconds, eh? What's it got?

My uncle races out West, he's got a blown 1933 Willy's Coupe running AA Gas. It's yellow. Ever see the AA gassers at Mission? I was out there racing with him this past July! What a blast!

#13 ·
My rx7 has a ported motor with 5 extra dowels a gt35r turbo with some upgrades, I am running 4 1650 injectors a massive intercooler racing seals. a dual disk clutch, the trans is a worked over TII the diff is a ford 8.8 with 456 gears I could go on and on about it but this is a truck site....

and YA I go to as many races as I can in the year it is a great part of living in Mission about 2 minutes from the track. I get to hear it all sumer top fuel is the best it damn near shakes the windows.

#15 ·
Should be up to Ashcroft and Mission this year for sure. My 82 has been out of the game for 2 years with motor problems, and building the new mill, so this year its gonna be fun. Hoping to get into the 12's on street tires, and
11's if i tow it down with slicks on. I went with the boys to mission last year for friday night street legals with my R6, was a great time rippin 11's all night long trying to keep the wheel down. Should be up to ashcroft this year being pit crew for my buddys nostalgia front engine slingshot dragster as well. Hopefully get to see you guys out there.
Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.