Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when installing new plugs, never-seize has been suggested to keep the plugs from seizing (obviously) but to protect the plugs from loosening with vibration and blowing out (on older than 2002, 5.4L), has anyone ever thought of using blue loc-tite??

Blue loc-tite is used to keep threads from loosening and is NOT anything like red loc-tite.

· Registered
78 Posts
I would think the engine heat would break down the blue locktight making it useless!

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use never seize the nickel stuff not the copper stuff loctite isn't a good idea
skrwz, i was looking on the website for permatex, an adhesive company who sells never seize and here's what they said about copper never-seize applications:

"Permatex® Copper Anti-Seize Lubricant

A premium quality copper anti-seize and thread lubricant that may be used to prevent seizing, corrosion and galling where high temperature conditions exist. Contains a high percentage of micro-fine copper flakes in a semi-synthetic grease carrier and is fortified with high quality rust and corrosion inhibitors. Temperature range: -30°F to 1800°F (-34°C to 982°C). Provides good electrical conductivity. Meets Mil Spec #907E.

Suggested Applications: Spark plug threads installed in aluminum, exhaust manifold bolts, engine bolts, oxygen sensors, knock sensors, thermostat housing bolts, fuel filter fittings, and battery cable connections"
http://www.permatex.com/products/au...ts/Permatex_Copper_Anti-Seize_Lubricant_b.htm

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shitty, cuz i just bought some of that permatex stuff....copper and nickel (silver). the copper is good to 1800 degrees F, where as the nickel (silver) compund is only good for 1600. Copper states it's used for aluminum (such as our heads) where the silver doesnt state that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.